xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Best Os Layout  (Read 981 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« on: March 11, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »

feel free to vote/discuss.

ShadowmanX

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »

Hmm My views:
Wii Channels - I do like the layout, but to get more functionality you have to download more channels which is a pain in the arse.
360 Blades - The Blades are a clear winner, although it is a little annoying on some days when you have music streaming or connecting to Live with the lag,  but the customization is a clear win.
PS3 X-Media Bar- I haven't seen alot of this, but I must say after the 360's blades the Bar falls short.
Windows - I am sick of Windows, with out going into the same old Rants, All I will say is out of the 4, Windows tends to have the most trouble with loading up Menus on some days.

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »

you take away the pretty pictures of the blades, you basically have the ps3 xmb. in the xmb, instead of the main things being seperated into different blades, they are all in a line. when you go through both, what do you do? press left and right to get to the main option, then use up and down for the sub options. not really a difference between the two besides the fact that the 360 just adds an individual background for each.

flashfreak

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »

Love the 360 Dash, just cos its clean and has nice effects, never used the PS3 dash but from what i've seen, they've tried to go too subtle, and the Wii menu is kinda cool, but just doesnt do it for me. And Windows, well, i think every1 is over that.

africamagical

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »

might be a slight bias in these forums, but whats new,
my ps3's dash is shitty just because when it loads a game, it has brief static screen and static in my speakers, whats that all aboot.
360 blades all the way

Smidley

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:11:00 AM »

Uhh...Winders.

gasclown

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 02:05:00 AM »

Didn't vote cos The ps3 isnt out here yet... I do have a psp though, so if it's as similar as it seems from the screens going around, i'd pick the 360.

The 360 is a great concept and only falls down a bit in the sub levels... The psp has an advantage in that the settings area is much less painful to navigate.

This post has been edited by gasclown: Mar 12 2007, 09:07 AM

Odb718

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 02:30:00 AM »

I like the fact you can move the wii's channels around any way you like (except the disc channel)
But 360 has them all beat.

Software2

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 04:06:00 AM »

Some of the polls on here are pretty good and give a fairly accurate representation of what the general gaming populous thinks about something. But this one... just might be a weeeeeeeee bit biased.  smile.gif

ShadowmanX

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 06:18:00 AM »

Well there might be a tad bit of bias, but there is also an avoidance to bias here since most of us have gone for the Wii60 Combo, had/Got a PSP, have a friend with another Next-Next-Gen system, or even seen a video of the dash in action, and although its on an Xbox Forum your not going to be flamed for saying the Wii Channels are better than blades.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »

Anyone who voted for Wii channels should be disqualified.  I love my Wii, but the OS is painfully outdated and was outdated the second it was released.   Come on people.

I play my Wii for the games, the other experiences it provides are substandard.  I use my 360 for everything because it does it all and does it well.  And I laugh at people who spent $600 on a PS3.

epsilon72

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »

There should be a Gnome or KDE or something option.

I chose Windows - I don't really think of the console interfaces as Os's.

This post has been edited by epsilon72: Mar 12 2007, 04:59 PM

epsilon72

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

deleted!

This post has been edited by epsilon72: Mar 12 2007, 05:25 PM

thor99

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »

I chose blades assuming its an OS for a console.. but not sure about this poll..  I love the 360 blades, but it would suck on a pc, and windows would suck on console, so windows should not be an option..

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(thor99 @ Mar 12 2007, 08:23 PM) View Post

I chose blades assuming its an OS for a console.. but not sure about this poll..  I love the 360 blades, but it would suck on a pc, and windows would suck on console, so windows should not be an option..

I second that, besides if they're going to have Windows they should include Mac & Linux aswell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4