xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Zune Or Ipod?  (Read 1683 times)

manu_xl

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

2nd gen nano

buckslayer199

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »

i want a zune but parents wont let my buy cuz we have apple stock and my whole libary is on itunes

m82a1

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

buy it urself then
i vote zune smile.gif
but im gettin a palm TX, use as mp3 player, and has wifi for net, perfect for school to

OTSS

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Dec 17 2006, 04:44 AM) *

That's why both the Ipod and the Zune suck. When I connect one of them to my PC, it will not recognize a USB Mass Storage Device and will therefore not allow me to use my device for whatever I want to use it for.

I don't want to install software (ANY software), just to get access to a USB disk so I can copy my MP3's, which I ripped from my CD's, to it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

I don't understand these things either. I have a Zune and I have had nothing but problems with it. I can't even use it because no USB port charges the thing and my computer can't detect the damn thing. I don't know if my cable that came with the box is broken or if it is just the Zune itself. The worst thing about it is that I bought it off ebay (brand new and sealed btw) and I live in Canada and because they don't sell them here, they don't cover it under warranty. Now I am stuck with a $260 useless piece of junk. Honestly if anyone could recommend me to another player other than an iPod then I would like to look into one.

Trex666

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

Ipod, because RockBox PWNS

jcdenton2003

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »

Sony erricsson walkman phone is perfect.. hate having my pockets full.. bluetooth wireless headphone are great too!

ThaCrip

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

if i HAD to choose between Zune and iPOD i would choose Zune... cause iPOD over overated/overpriced for what u get, although if i had a CHOICE as to what i would get i would choose neither... i would probably go with something else with less limitations... cause from what i heard with Zune you cant use it for storing any files u want to which is a bunch of crap for the prices they charge on those things.... i dont want ANY limits on what i can do with a device of this type (within reason of course)

although right now i currently have a basic 128MB flash based mp3 player with a 512MB card in it ... so in other words i can store about 10hours of music in it @ 128bit rate on entire thing (128MB = 2 hours, 512MB = 8hours) .... main thing thats better with hdd based mp3 players is there storage space and they probably have a fancier screen but other than that i like flash based players better since u can use "regular" batteries in them and aint forced to use a recharagable lithium ion type battery that once it goes to hell your pretty much screwed.... cause the player i have only takes 1AA batt and last for quite a while on it and once it gets low i just recharge it... so basically i have limitless power.... flash based players are not power hogs either and are less likely to break since theres no moving parts wink.gif

but the only REAL drawback with flash based players is storage space... which if i had a 4GB one i would be pretty much set and would not have to worry about storage space myself although im sure people who listen to vast amounts of music, it would still be a issue.

sephiroth99

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

none, mp3 players are overrated

C o s m o

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

None of the above...Creative Zen Vision: M

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(ZX3Junglist @ Dec 16 2006, 03:49 AM) View Post

I vote nano: slick design, slick os, slick software integration, great size for a pocket. my personal choice.

I agree with the Nano -  but I really only use it for the Nike Plus Running Kit as I don't find myself needing portable music/media for any other reason as I have great home and auto audio systems and can't listen to music at work.

Elemino

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »

My answer was originally Creative Zen, although it was not one of the choices. Now I have to say the Zune. It has all the features of the Zen, which kicked iPods ass, and more. iPod is not now and never will be a choice for me because I refuse to own a player that is only iTunes compatible. I originally told my friend to buy one, I unpacked it and opened Media Center like I always do with MP3 players and the damn thing wouldn't sync. Did some research and found out you can only use iTunes. Sorry apple, it's a little inconvient for me to convert my library of over 10,000 songs to iTunes format. I had her immediately return that shit. Zen was a great alternative, but it doesnt have the large selection of accessories. MS says eventually Zune will, plus it has a few extra features (like WiFi). Zune is definately my choice.

QUOTE(appleman76 @ Dec 16 2006, 04:43 PM) *
P.S. To all the Zune fanboys.  I don't care how cool your interface or music sharing or Wi-Fi is.  It still doesn't make up for how amazingly stupid the software is.  And if the software doesn't work, what is the point of the device.
Sounds like someone doesn't know PCs very well. Either that or frustrated because he didn't know what to do in a certain situation.

nhoj_yelbom

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

first of all zunes pc intigration sucks. there bulky,have shitty controls, they only have a 30gb model, and the wifi function is crippled. what more can i say, Ipod's are great

QUOTE(Elemino @ Dec 17 2006, 11:53 PM) *

My answer was originally Creative Zen, although it was not one of the choices. Now I have to say the Zune. It has all the features of the Zen, which kicked iPods ass, and more. iPod is not now and never will be a choice for me because I refuse to own a player that is only iTunes compatible. I originally told my friend to buy one, I unpacked it and opened Media Center like I always do with MP3 players and the damn thing wouldn't sync. Did some research and found out you can only use iTunes. Sorry apple, it's a little inconvient for me to convert my library of over 10,000 songs to iTunes format. I had her immediately return that shit. Zen was a great alternative, but it doesnt have the large selection of accessories. MS says eventually Zune will, plus it has a few extra features (like WiFi). Zune is definately my choice.

Sounds like someone doesn't know PCs very well. Either that or frustrated because he didn't know what to do in a certain situation.

if her songs were in mp3 format she would not have to convert. iTunes in my opion is way better that wmp. you can get ipodaccess if you dont like itunes for your ipod

Elemino

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(nhoj_yelbom @ Dec 18 2006, 12:09 AM) *

first of all zunes pc intigration sucks. there bulky,have shitty controls, they only have a 30gb model, and the wifi function is crippled. what more can i say, Ipod's are great
if her songs were in mp3 format she would not have to convert. iTunes in my opion is way better that wmp. you can get ipodaccess if you dont like itunes for your ipod
The songs are in MP3 format. iTunes wanted to convert any songs being put on the iPod. Simply copying songs to the iPod stores them but does not let you play them. What kind of sh!t is that? Let me ask you this. Is iTune or iPod Access going to take these 300 album playlists and use them to put the correct songs on the iPod like WMP will do for most other mp3 players? iTunes is a Macintosh program that should have stayed there. I'm sick of this exclusivity these companies want for their products. Who cares what program I use as long as I'm using your product? That's why my choice was for the zen. Not to mention you can play any type of video, not that stupid ipod crap. Also I have yet to see an iPod with a built in radio... something very important for people living on base.

BTW... not everyone needs to carry around 60GB of song files. After all, you're not going to listen to those in one day, one week, and probably not even in one month. 30GB is more than enough for most people unless you got a music library completely 100% independent of a Mac/PC.

This post has been edited by Elemino: Dec 18 2006, 07:31 AM

nhoj_yelbom

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »

all i can say is i have no problems with itunes and i like it. i dont listen to or like the radio. it all comes down to what you need and like. i like ipods

Textbook

• Archived User
Zune Or Ipod?
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2006, 11:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(sephiroth99 @ Dec 17 2006, 09:19 PM) View Post

none, mp3 players are overrated

The only time I listen to music is in the car or on the computer.  Guess what, in my car, my deck has a USB port so I can just plug my flash drive right into it.  That's my "mp3 player."

Are they cool little devices?  Sure.  Would I use it?  No.  Are they worth the price tag?  I don't think so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7