xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Have You Modified Your Xbox 360's Dvd Firmware?  (Read 2230 times)

redwolf

• Archived User
Have You Modified Your Xbox 360's Dvd Firmware?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 04:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 9 2006, 11:02 AM) View Post

Exactly. The pole has supprised me.

really? this poll just want to know how many pirates are running around in this site/forum  sleep.gif

C-5

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 06:21:00 AM »

I can understand music 'back-ups' (and I mean backups not copies) and I can understand DVD backup especially when they are rare DVDs, but game backups, come on?

So you think backing up a $15 music CD or a $20 movie DVD is acceptable, but backing up a $60 360 games automatically makes you a thief...  blink.gif

One morning. my two year old daughter sneaked into my home theatre, grabbed my $60 copy of Oblivion, and proceeded to polish my hardwood floor with it... It would have been nice if it was DVD+R DL instead of a retail.

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 06:43:00 AM »

actually i wanan do it legally (ill be honest hear i have done a few pirating in my life with xbox 1 not with 360) for 360 i wanan just leave my orignals laying around while im using backups cuz on my 3rd day of playing my 360 during the summer my freakin sister went like yes i won a game online with yahho pool or sum bs and moved the chair back while my 360 was on a stand table and fell over and HEY watcha ya the disk is scratched up luckly i went otbest buy and got another one but still when my warranty runs out is the thing i wish micrsoft could bring a new xbox out after like couple more yrs cuz this one to tell the truth is  kinda of a mess it can over heat tip over the disk scratches and no hdvd for games which kinda sucks and now internet browser unelss using media center hacks which i hope they make an update of that sorry for a long reply !!!!!!!

AlexNapo

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »

Actually you can go on live with your modded dvd.  The thing is that M$ can detect it.  They haven't done anything yet about it but will surely do in a near future.

The line between running backup or pirated games is pretty thin.  Some will get behind a little sister or small kid to try to legitimate their act.  If you do copy games (for whatever purpose) the least you can do is assume your decision.

litium33

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

I would love to see Linux running on my X360.
Until then no good reason to waste my money with it.
Running copied games it's not so interesting in my opinion.   Consolle games last so long that if I really want to play one game I just buy it.

If PS3 will run unsigned first (I feel it's possible) I'll immediately sell my X360 and switch to the PS3

L

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 08:30:00 AM »

As someone who hopes to one day make a living in the video game or other media based market, I despise the hacked firmware.   Backups?  Quit fooling yourselves.   It's pirating... nothing less than stealing.  I'm all for homebrew like XBMC and alternate OS's, but until then my box will remain unmodded.

infamous_Q

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

...honestly i think its time to stop complaining about this piracy thing. yeah its a big deal, yeah it is technically theft, but the dvd hack is already wide spread so its not gonna stop. and if you think a modchip will solve this, it won't. it'll just make piracy easier, because then you can put even less effort into copying a game, and it's easy to have someone install it so MORE people will be running pirated games. Theft and piracy are everywhere, deal with it, until prices drop DRASTICALLY there's no solution.

iPwn

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Oct 9 2006, 01:47 AM) View Post

Ditto.  Xbox 360 is kinda boring without LIVE, but those games sure are expensive too...

i choose live sleep.gif i do love backups though, but without live, there wouldn't be a xbox 360.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Oct 9 2006, 03:37 PM) View Post

As someone who hopes to one day make a living in the video game or other media based market, I despise the hacked firmware.   Backups?  Quit fooling yourselves.   It's pirating... nothing less than stealing.  I'm all for homebrew like XBMC and alternate OS's, but until then my box will remain unmodded.

beerchug.gif

QUOTE(redwolf @ Oct 9 2006, 11:19 AM) View Post

really? this poll just want to know how many pirates are running around in this site/forum  sleep.gif

I mean the results of the pole.

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Oct 8 2006, 11:51 PM) View Post

All you can do now with it is pirate games. Admit it, theres no real use for it right now.

I'd actually do it for creating back-ups, and by back-ups i do mean actual backups since i always manage to destroy all my discs, but since im not in a destructive phase at the moment i see no point in it...

Sinner666

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 9 2006, 05:02 AM) View Post

I can understand music 'back-ups' (and I mean backups not copies) and I can understand DVD backup especially when they are rare DVDs, but game backups, come on?

...snip...

The only backup of games I could believe are aceptable would be backing up to the HD for ease of use and reduced loading times.

If you make a backup of a $15-$20 item that is ok? but a backup of $60 item is not?

As for backing up to the hard drive that is a must for someone who travels with their box.  A friend had his luggage lost.  $200 (XBox1) console and another $300 of games, ouch.

SteveNZ

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »

L.O.S.E. not L.O.O.S.E.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sinner666 @ Oct 9 2006, 06:11 PM) View Post

If you make a backup of a $15-$20 item that is ok? but a backup of $60 item is not?

As for backing up to the hard drive that is a must for someone who travels with their box.  A friend had his luggage lost.  $200 (XBox1) console and another $300 of games, ouch.

Because backing up DVDs and CDs can be done without hacking anything. To back up a game for the xbox 360 you have to go to a lot of trouble and for what? Making sure your games don't get sractched? What I'm saying is the games are abundant and are plentiful in supply where as some DVDs of Cds could be hard to come by.

Why would you need to back up the x360 games. Sure some may need to but most people who voted in this pole don't own the games.

As for backing up on a HD, I can respect that. It certainly improved some games e.g kotor, halo and gta with faster loading times.

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

I really don't see a need to mod my box until we can install our own HDD to the size of our choice and then install some homebrew on it.  20 gig is just not enough to do ANYTHING on.  And the faster load times with games on the HDD is a HUGE bonus.

And on a side note to the comment above, just because it's easier to back up a CD or DVD doesn't mean it's any more right or justified.  It's just as wrong as doing a console game as doing a cd, no matter how rare it is.

Odium X

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

No homebrew no need for the hack, I love playing XBL so its not worth the risk.
Developers should get paid for the game they make.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12