xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Have You Modified Your Xbox 360's Dvd Firmware?  (Read 2240 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Have You Modified Your Xbox 360's Dvd Firmware?
« on: October 08, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

feel free to vote/discuss.

Boydster

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

I'm not sure if I'd rather have homebrew or XBL. Definitely wouldn't want to lose XBL over retarded dvd back-ups though.

This post has been edited by Boydster: Oct 9 2006, 01:01 AM

nmf4505

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »

might have to buy another xbox 360 if i could run homebrew
but not worth getting banned from xbl

ensaynexotics

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 06:13:00 PM »

totally worth

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »

All you can do now with it is pirate games. Admit it, theres no real use for it right now.
So, no, not until there is homebrew support.

On top of that, the system isnt very mature yet, and all the kinks are still getting worked out.
Id hate to lose a 400 dollar system over a silly mod once another system dies on me.

This post has been edited by Altima NEO: Oct 9 2006, 01:20 AM

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

This may be a little off topic...

So whats going to happen to all the purchased content associated with a gamertag when a ban occurs?  Excuse the laugh, but wouldn't that be considered stealling.  As in stealing the content back from the subscriber.  If a 360 gamertag is banned from the service, how would one go about retrieving the 'X' amount of $ content purchased?

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boydster @ Oct 8 2006, 04:30 PM) *
I'm not sure if I'd rather have homebrew or XBL. Definitely wouldn't want to lose XBL over retarded dvd back-ups though.
Ditto.  Xbox 360 is kinda boring without LIVE, but those games sure are expensive too...

crasher0255

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

I personally cant wait till homebrews a reality...i figure its just a matter of time, XNA seems like a decent start (Microsofts gotta starts somewhere right?...I heard Bill likes the idea of running community apps too, last i heard he was impressed with the possibles available to the end user using a modified xbox). I have modded several previous consoles specifically for homebrew, i could realy give two s**** about running burned games (But i must say modifications, or at least having the option to mod, games you own is a huge benefit...similar to PC games), even though backups of $60 games wouldnt hurt. Everyone already knows at this point most people with modified firmware on their drives in most cases arnt running 'backups' though. Id personally love to see a XBMC 360 or various other applications...maybe a webbrowser? Podcast, Telnet, NNTP, FTP, or IRC client? Possibilities are endless (And yes i know it is possible to stream audio podcasts from a PC but still, it not really worth the hassle...i can still walk, if want to listen to a podcast on my PC then i will)...If or should i say when a modchip comes out for the 360 i think ill probably just buy a second console specifically for it, id rather not lose live connectivity with my current console

This post has been edited by crasher0255: Oct 9 2006, 02:45 AM

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »

HOLY crap i dont no how to install the damn hacked firmware so pissed im so lost i read theb est tutorials around and dontn o how DAMN IT plus i like xbox live tio this sucks so badi wanan play burned backed ups of my games legally on live 2 u no

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »

im not gonna install till i get another 360, im too scared that mine is gonna overheat and break.(i can mod n e thing, with chips n e ways)and the occasional case mods)

textbox1.text="u should add an option for people, who are too scared to do it, cuz it might break"

**Admit it, your impressed by my visual studio computer programming!"**

This post has been edited by 10001110101: Oct 9 2006, 05:33 AM

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »

I would, but ya know, me pockets are a lil' empty, thus, no 360....

Kamakazie

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 11:50:00 PM »

I am not going to risk losing XBL.

frobnitzz

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 12:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(echto @ Oct 9 2006, 01:06 AM) View Post

This may be a little off topic...

So whats going to happen to all the purchased content associated with a gamertag when a ban occurs?  Excuse the laugh, but wouldn't that be considered stealling.  As in stealing the content back from the subscriber.  If a 360 gamertag is banned from the service, how would one go about retrieving the 'X' amount of $ content purchased?

I think you could quite safely assume it's written in to your xbox live agreement that if a ban occurs, all content becomes property of M$.

Words to that effect anyway.

unsure.gif

ralavendrel

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »

I thinki have modded near enough every console i have had. however i am enjoying the XBL experience at the moment and do not want to risk loosing that just yet.

as for the price of games.....I look round the 2nd hand bins to save a bit of cash.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 03:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Oct 9 2006, 12:51 AM) View Post

All you can do now with it is pirate games. Admit it, theres no real use for it right now.
So, no, not until there is homebrew support.

On top of that, the system isnt very mature yet, and all the kinks are still getting worked out.
Id hate to lose a 400 dollar system over a silly mod once another system dies on me.

Exactly. The pole has supprised me. I thought people here wanted to mod the consoles for fun and make homebrew apps, but it seems they are a bunch of pirating scum.

I can understand music 'back-ups' (and I mean backups not copies) and I can understand DVD backup especially when they are rare DVDs, but game backups, come on?

It's not like you can't get hold of another game disc from a store. Unless you are all super-nerds that want to protect your discs in a blue folder, you are just a bunch of theives.

The only backup of games I could believe are aceptable would be backing up to the HD for ease of use and reduced loading times.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12