xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Who Do You Think Will Turn Out Ahead With This Next Generation Of Cons  (Read 1488 times)

uberfrost

• Archived User
Who Do You Think Will Turn Out Ahead With This Next Generation Of Cons
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »

microsoft all the way!!

mario_ps2

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »

I'm all up for XBOX 360 and I hope it wins, biggrin.gif  but Sony just has too much experience in the hardware department, world wide known for excellent hardware stuff, and too much crazy fanatism tongue.gif .  

In the long run, Sony will catch up with MS and surpass them ohmy.gif  - hopefully not by much-  and even though their console will cost 200 dollars more, it will outsell the xbox360. mad.gif  cool.gif

bobjim17

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(mario_ps2 @ Sep 12 2006, 02:41 PM) View Post

I'm all up for XBOX 360 and I hope it wins, biggrin.gif  but Sony just has too much experience in the hardware department, world wide known for excellent hardware stuff, and too much crazy fanatism tongue.gif .  

In the long run, Sony will catch up with MS and surpass them ohmy.gif  - hopefully not by much-  and even though their console will cost 200 dollars more, it will outsell the xbox360. mad.gif  cool.gif

Amen to that.

Im a mad keen Xbox fan, and own a 360 and numerous originals. but Sony will win every time. At least until MS do something different. Releasing early? Thats just saying 'we know we have nothing special with which to win this battle, we just have to get people to buy it first"
Sony are too smart. Japan is the country of innovation, you can't beat that.

For example, who here missed the craze of 'buzz'?
I, for one, did not. It hit NZ like a storm, and everywhere people were snaffling these things up, and for the first (and thankfully last) time, I wished that I had a PS2. I still didn't buy one, though.
The majority of people with PS2 and PS1 games arent exactly going to rush out and grab a 360, unless the price puts them off the PS3. But then, even if it does, thats what finance is for.

Short answer - f**k the price. If people want a PS3, they will get one.

With all the hundreds and thousands of playable games, who's going to turn around to the competition to have to buy all their faves again?
Not only that, who the hell wants a next-gen console that cannot compete with the next-gen format? (External HD-DVD? Apparently unable to play games? Why don't we just add a bigger power suppy while we're at it!)

PS2 has been around for ages, cause it worked. PS4 (or whatever it will be) isnt going to be out for ages, because with a machine as powerful as this (I'm talking blu-ray, and they know exactly the hardware needed to make it run - and run well) why the hell would they need to worry? People are STILL buying the PS2.

Japanese people, AFAIK, are not stupid. Anyone care to argue that? They will make, and buy, almost anything that will make their lives easier or better. The 360 just doesn't do that. Its an upgraded version of the original, sure, but thats where the fun stops. Theres just nothing new to it.

And for those of you who are hailing XBL as the selling point - Sony are big boys, they'll think of something.

This is just my opinion, please don't get angry (if you think thats worth it)
Forgive me if this isn't quite structured right, Im in a rush.

bobjim17

Novahux

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2006, 11:46:00 PM »

The newly announced disc is the latest addition to the DVD TWIN format, discs that support both DVD and HD DVD content and that are fully compatible with both formats, according to the companies, adding that the new disc boosts capacity and expands versatility with a three-layer structure offering support for two HD DVD layers and one DVD layer or two DVD layers and one HD DVD layer.

a2002adam

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 03:08:00 AM »

I think M$ is gonna lose out

- Nintendo has originality and a lower price

- Sony has the popularity and power

I think it's gonna be between Sony and Nintendo, the DS has shown with Brain Training that all kinds of ppl are buying its soft/hardware now, so it's opened up a gap in the market for its new console, and Sony will simply sell more units as its lifecycle goes on and it gets cheaper. There's still nothing particularly special about the m$ console that hasn't been done before.

jasafar

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 04:26:00 AM »

I like the idea of 360 > Wii > Ps3, but I'm not so sure and here's why.  Wii is going to be $150-$180.  Do you know how attractive Nintendo products are to young kids?  Everywhere you go there are kids with DS's and GBA's.  The pricepoint is awesome, and DS's and Wii go hand in hand.  When they come out there will be plenty on hand - no blue diode shortage here.  They will saturate the market and have plenty of release titles.  Nintendo is back and they know how to make something that will sell itself.  I've never seen a bad console from them - just bad timing.  And timing is right this season - Ps3 really isn't a competitor for them - it's considered a different gaming device from 360 and Ps3.  It's going to kickass.  Go 360 and Wii!!!!!!!!

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(bobjim17 @ Sep 12 2006, 05:01 AM) View Post

Short answer - f**k the price. If people want a PS3, they will get one.

Eh?. How'd you work that one out?. Lots of people just can't afford a PS3 whether they really want one or not.

Brouhaha

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(a2002adam @ Sep 12 2006, 05:15 AM) View Post

[...] the DS has shown with Brain Training that all kinds of ppl are buying its soft/hardware now, so it's opened up a gap in the market for its new console [...]

Now watch them sell the Wii to your grandparents/parents and girlfriends, and we'll see Nintendo on top again. Hard to pick between Nintendo, MS, Sony and Nintendo, Sony, MS...

haileymegs

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo is what I picked.

Microsoft's console install base in America and Europe is quite high, but Sony can easily trump those numbers.  Since Microsoft's Xbox 360 is STILL struggling to trump the Gameboy Advance in sales in the Asian regions of the globe once Sony releases their system to a VERY brand loyal region Microsoft will fall second, since the install base for the Playstation 3 will be high in the asian regions and moderately high in America and Europe.  

Nintendo being third is that they won't have a high install base, but they will have enough to keep them profitable and happy.  Nintendo is a world wide staple product, you'll see it often, but not everyone will have it.

valius

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

I going with MS, Sony, Nintondo.

I was in a game store just last week, a little kid came in with his mum & asked to pre-order a Ps3.

The sales assisstant told him the Ps3 was delayed until March 07 here in the E.U.

Guess what his next choice was?????

I'll have an Xbox 360 instead..... Christmas is coming & kids want whats here now.

Lurpticon

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(a2002adam @ Sep 12 2006, 02:15 AM) View Post

I think M$ is gonna lose out

- Nintendo has originality and a lower price

- Sony has the popularity and power

I think it's gonna be between Sony and Nintendo, the DS has shown with Brain Training that all kinds of ppl are buying its soft/hardware now, so it's opened up a gap in the market for its new console, and Sony will simply sell more units as its lifecycle goes on and it gets cheaper. There's still nothing particularly special about the m$ console that hasn't been done before.

WTF are are you talking about?  "There's still nothing particularly special about the m$ console that hasn't been done before."  No one has ever done anything like the 360 before. Oh wait I will take that back. All the hackers did what the 360 dose to the XboX1. But as far as the actual companys (MS,Sony,Nintendo) go, They have NEVER done anything like that.

Anyway I voted MS,Nintendo,Sony

TheIceman72

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

Well who wins and who looses is all about numbers. Bottom line is this, if Nintendo can push out the numbers and M$ keeps doing the numbers it's doing now. Unfortunately there will be no way for Sony to win this battle. Bottom line is that it is way over priced and everyone I know and everyone I have asked said they will not buy it because of that. I dont even think the blue ray drive is the issue. Sony is just trying to hard to make money all at once here. I mean damn games going from $70 - $80 bucks a pop. Lets understand that a large part of this fan base are parents buying these for the kids. Well at these prices...that ain't gonna happen. So at this point the race is already over and the winner is clearly Microsoft and then Nintendo then Sony in a bleak 3rd.

Burgleflickle

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif I'm raising the BS flag... There's a lot of speculation on prices, and it seems like no one has the exact numbers on the ps3. Sony is not stupid, and they will not sell the console for anything above $500. They like microsoft can easily take a hit on profits to sell games.  We don't know, let it go, I'm going to watch my show.

DjO

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »

I think it will be ps3-360-wii

I don't think microsoft will be able to get closer to sony until their next console release.  It's going to a long uphill battle for microsoft but I think they'll be able to do it since sony seems like it won't be able to keep up.

I've always had playstations but I don't want to spend $600-$700 on a system that I don't really see that many good games coming out for that I can't get on 360.  I don't really care for the blu-ray player nor do I think it will win over hd.  I will probably buy a ps3 after the price drops and some good games come out but that won't be for a few years.

I'll get wii  when it comes out for zelda and mario tongue.gif

Novahux

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »

If M$, ship a tweaked version of Vista360(MCE) and KB/M support, things could get very interesting indeed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7