xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Who Do You Think Will Turn Out Ahead With This Next Generation Of Cons  (Read 1480 times)

XanTium

• Archived User

feel free to vote/discuss.

bucko

• Recovered User
Who Do You Think Will Turn Out Ahead With This Next Generation Of Cons
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

Hope m$ does well this time, Wii looks cheap and cool so think it will do well, PS3 will get better as years go on but really not sure about Sony just yet. They have really let me down with Delaying in Europe, I was considering getting one for F1 games but I hate how Sony picks on Europe all the freakin time (look at PSP for example, which is why I got a DS).

ndsbass

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

as much as id like ms to win, i think sony will pull ahead this time simply because of a larger fanbase, huge backward compatibility list, and ps2's huge popularity. Ms is still pretty new to this however sony has been in the buisness for a pretty long time, and judging by the success of previous generations, know what their doing. Just look at japan, they've sold what, like 5 360's there? either theres no gamers (ya right) or they all are waiting for the ps3. just my 2 cents

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

I hope MS does better this time round with the 360 against the PS3. I think Sony have really screwed up this time. PS3 is way too much money for a system that will probably play games just as well as the much cheaper 360. Does anyone really care about Blu Ray?. The 360 has had over a years head start and is selling very well (except Japan). The 360 has an already massive and successful online community with a good selection of games. Oh yeah and no PS3 in Europe for xmas??, big mistake!. People will just buy the 360 instead and any parents will be happy they didn't need to spend the extra £££s on the PS3. But Sony will still do really well just because of their brand name. So for that I think it will be MS 1st with Sony just behind and then Nintendo.

lord^infamous

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

My two cents..... I voted M$, Nintendo, Sony.  My reasoning came from three categories; price, release date, and features.  

M$ will finish first because they won over quite a bit of people, including my self, with the xbox and they now have a fan base.  Just as Sony did after the Play Station.  My second reason would be that they hit the market first and the average consumer can't afford more than one console.  The 360 isn't going to be as featured packed as the PS3 but let's not forget about LIVE.  I think LIVE will dominate for years to come.  One last thing that will help secure M$ at the top is that Sony will not have as many exclusive titles as it did for the PS2, which in my opinion is the biggest reason the PS2 stayed alive after the release of the xbox.

Nintendo will finish second because the price on it just looks too good to pass up if your looking for something new to do.  Nintendo also has too many loyal fans, including me, to let it pass for that price.  

As for Sony, I can't find anything go to say about it except that it's going to be one bad mother.  It will top the 360 in performance but at the same time in price.  The price tag on it just doesn't seem like something I my self would just pick up, let alone save up for.  Trust me, everyone in Japan will have one but Japan doesn't make up the whole consumer market.  The last point is that it will hit the market last.

In conclusion, the biggest reason I think M$ will finish first is that it will hit the market first.  Sony will finish last because it cost too damn much and Nintendo is stuck in the middle because it's a bargain.  Maybe my rankings are bias because I like Nintendo for everything it has done but I still stick with my stance as M$ finishing #1.

A quick thought I had after posting is that I'd like to see the same poll and it's results on a Sony and Nintendo site.......

porsche6714

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

as much as id like ms to win, i think sony will pull ahead this time simply because of a larger fanbase, huge backward compatibility list, and ps2's huge popularity. Ms is still pretty new to this however sony has been in the buisness for a pretty long time, and judging by the success of previous generations, know what their doing. Just look at japan, they've sold what, like 5 360's there? either theres no gamers (ya right) or they all are waiting for the ps3. just my 2 cents

Unfortunatly i am going to have to agree with you.  Of coarse it would be great if Microsoft could pull ahead and win but i think Sony's fanbase and popularity is just too much for Microsoft to handle.

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(porsche6714 @ Sep 10 2006, 10:01 AM) View Post

Unfortunatly i am going to have to agree with you.  Of coarse it would be great if Microsoft could pull ahead and win but i think Sony's fanbase and popularity is just too much for Microsoft to handle.

yeah, but do you know how many ps2 fans are disappointed at sony because of there price point? go to school and ask people

Ninja Sniper X

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

I think with all the setbacks and unstable hardware Sony is dealing with M$ will win this round. However I don't think Nintendo will be able to outdo Sony's fanboys and will be stuck in last as usuall. I know myself I'll be getting a Wii60 combo.

crapoid685

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

I think consumers will reconsider a 360 when they find out that a) they cant play the latest dvd movies b/c they are on blueray or B) they have to buy a $300 add-on drive thats half the size of the 360 just to play HD-DVD movies(no games). Also, sony dev's can fit a ton of game on a blueray disc(30Gb), compared to dual layer dvds for 360. This is more of a problem for future games not current generation.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

Honestly... I think that the PS3 is too expensive at its current price to penetrate deeply into the market.  People complained about the $400 price tag of the 360.... what do you think they will say about the $500 tag of the PS3 (since the premium 360 is comparable to the $500 PS3)?

fritoeata

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

360/ps3/wii.
No serious hi def support only hurts nintendo. sleeping.gif
$$ for ps3. blink.gif
the prob i see w 360 is their hd dvd drive is spendy/720p max. and their back compat SUCKS!!!! dry.gif

cyberg4

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »

As much as I hope it's MS, Nintendo, Sony, I think that playstation has too large of a fanbase (that believes every word form Kenny K's mouth as if it were holy scripture) to topple despite the extravagent pricetag.
However, Should blu-ray fail, the PS3 will definately come in third

Perkele

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

Ofcourse M$ is on top of the poll, not many Sony fanboys visit this site.

I though the Wii wasn't next-gen but new-gen.

terratrooper

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

Clearly it will be Microsoft winning the round of the Console wars but Nintendo will do great. Sony, Sony, Sony, what can I say about Sony, they are still the top sellers for there ps2 which some silly person in my family just bought (brother) but ps3 away to expensive for the average gamer to buy. That is not to say that the fanaticals wont buy it so that they can manufacture nuclear bombs and enrich uranium with old out date Iranian style processes. I would just like to say a couple of other thing, I would love to see Nintendo kick all there ass packing back to the drawing boards for next year. The Wii has me shooting off in my pants with all the things that are possible to be done with it. Again just to rap up what I think will be the winning order, Microsoft-Nintendo-Sony.

Thanks for read this.

Geoffrey Liam Pratt

Satanic Sheep

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

MS - Sony - Nintendo

I think Sony has messed up this time!  I'm not buying into the Wii hype, it looks like a GC with a gimmick controller and standard defination looks rubbish on Hi-Def TVs, so I'm not convinced by the lifespan of the Wii.

If we are talking about Japan then it's probably going to be the reverse.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7