xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Do You Use The Backwards Compatibility Feature Of The Xbox 360?  (Read 983 times)

XBOXCUSTOMS69

• Archived User
Do You Use The Backwards Compatibility Feature Of The Xbox 360?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

My xbox1 is all i need, and no im not too poor to afford the 360 i think its just way over rated.

dikdiamond

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

I would love to see Republic Commando on the 360,really wish M$ would make it happen happy.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 04:13:00 AM »

The only game I play in the 360 is Fuzion Frenzy and the only reason I play it on the 360 is because of the wireless controllers (it's not like graphics really matter for that title). Of course I'm sure one FF2 comes out this fall I wont be playing it much anymore.

of course out of the 30 something Xbox1 games I own 23 are BC which is pretty good IMO. when the list first came out there were only 4 that were BC so they've definitely improved it.

Regardless I find more interesting stuff on the 360 most of the time so BC is pretty useless to me, I wouldn't have cared much if it wasn't even a feature.

Xb0XmAn

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 04:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(pvwr @ Aug 26 2006, 10:18 PM) View Post

Out of 18 Xbox games I have, only 4 are BC supported. Until this list is at least three times larger, I will keep my original XBox and pass the 360. I can't even imagine what's in stock for us when it comes the time to upgrade to XBox 720 (or whatever the call it to make it look superior to the PS4).

XBOX720 LOL

I think they will call it XBOX 1080 because all the games are already 720(p)

mayonnaise

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

Forza and MechAssault 2 are the only xbox games I care to play in HD. Forza is already on the list.........and Forza 2 is due out soon anyways........still would like to play MechAssault2 in HD with extra AA though.......... pop.gif

BennyBou

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »

Yeah... like almost everyone. Halo 2 is the choice there, but sometimes I use the 360 for Halo1 to put up a small Xbox lan of 8 people with my good ol' Xbox.

god_mcb

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

I really want to use my 360 for halo2 due to my HD tv but i'm forced to use my original xbox when some of the maps either don't load or take an age to do so.

-Spud-

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

They should have at least made every BC game 480p compatible. For us PAL users it's better to play on the original Xbox with 480p enabled than the terrible PAL picture the 360 gives.

Midtown Madness 3 BC would be nice too!

alxtz

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(XBOXCUSTOMS69 @ Aug 27 2006, 10:49 PM) View Post

My xbox1 is all i need, and no im not too poor to afford the 360 i think its just way over rated.

Same here , Way too over rated and + ill wait till the H3 bundle come out if no bundle, well ill buy both when H3 come out

DuckOfDeath

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »

All I can say is, "Project Gotham, Project Gotham, Project Gotham."  Why does no one listen?

-Duck!

OTSS

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

yesterday couterstrike got added to the list. there goes another game I will be playing alot of. damn the backwards compatibility is getting better and better

heydricas

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

When will they make Jet Set Radio Future, Phantasy Star Online or SSX ON TOUR compatible?

SovietSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

I wish panzer dragon and otogi 1/2 where on the list. But its selling well without b.c. is because xbox 1 has so few great games that people would still play even now.

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »

I do not even have an Xbox 360 yet. The few games that are really worth it to buy one are not enough. Besides, I do not even play much games on my Xbox, which will suffice when one of my friends come over for a quick game of Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (or another game which is nice to play when you're sitting on the couch).

Besides, XBMC rocks my box and I don't want to sacrifice that.

speedy_g

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

I call it "retardabilty"... 'cause I own both systems, yet I haven't found single reason to play 'em on my xbox 360 system. Why "retardabilty" one might ask? Simply cause it's aimed for masses... every one knows that there are a lot issues with the whole emulation and the best experience comes for xbox1 games comes with original xbox.  The only reason for the emulation I can find is purely for marketing purpose.... buyers that don't have the original box might not notice the difference and will actually benefit it, well at least in away... with some glitches, jerky graphics and low frame rates but what the hell it's still compatible!

Those who think that I'm a hardcore gamecube or playstation fan I'm not. Yes, i've owned both systems... but I ended up with these two systems and I'm quite happy with the 360 system as I had no intent to play older generation xbox games. I bought it on the launch date....

The only games that I'd have small intress to be able to play on the new system are Project Gotham Racing 2 and Rally sport challenge 2. Which to my knowledge are both unsupported.

I know that the emulation was vital to MS but if you must have it do it like Nintendo platforms....example last weekend we had a LAN-party with my friends. We ended up playing the nintendo 8-bit games (world cup etc...) on the original platform. It's just so much fun! of course there's a little bit of that retrospective feeling.... =D

They have done a tremendous supporting older generation games on nextgen consoles.

Props to both comming consoles Wii and PS3.

Wii is a must buy... the best party games have been on Nintendo.

for those who say, it ain't easy to emulate the xbox hardware. I know it, but the should have done better job at first so some of us wouldn't had so high hopes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4