xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Do You Like The Xbox Live Arcade?  (Read 1423 times)

asteron

• Archived User
Do You Like The Xbox Live Arcade?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »

<peeve>Grrr the correct phrase is I "couldn't care less".   When you say I "could care less" you are implying that you care some and possibly a great deal which is the opposite of your intent.   As usual with idiomatic expressions the meaning of the actual words are forgotten and thus mangled.</peeve>

JesusXP

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

Its cool, but I don't like the fact that we have to buy them. I wish we could accumulate points through playing games, and just time spent on the console would give you a few points here and there. I feel like MS is trying to squeeze too many bucks outta me. I havent even purchased a game though, so I can't say how much of a cost it is. But I just know I would like there to be other ways. Like tournaments or something, more xblive matches you win, you could score some points, etc.

I like all the demo's they release for free. Thats pretty damn cool of MS to do for us. However, they should keep up to date with the trailers, and does anyoen else notice it takes forever to download any of the hd trailers, or games for that matter. I havent even downloaded a game yet, its just rediculous. I cant wait to download in the background. hd content is gonna bog down the net ... tongue.gif

edit::
I'm only on my free month of xblive, and I don't know if I'll sign on for gold after, only because, playing games is not too important to me. Sometimes its near impossible to find a match online for a game anyways... so its pretty dissapointing in that respect. Also, its pretty bad that they haven't updaetd the compatibility list in a long while... I wanted to play ESPN NHL 2K5 the other day, and it wouldnt let me .... I upgraded and than it told me incompatible... like... what gives MS... your a bunch of assholes for that one! I'd like to see some more games added to taht list soon... fack.. im actualyl quite pissed at m$ now... The other thing, once you buy an XBA game, if you delete it, can you download it again for free?

law56ker

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

since a modified xbox blows away the amount of games your "allowed" to play on 360 i don't think it's that awesome.

kryo

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 04:12:00 AM »

They're the best games on the system so far :D

Not counting, perhaps, Oblivion and Ghost Recon 3...

I'm looking forwards to more great and cheap Live Arcade offerings, Lumines should be good at least. Buying them is easy, maybe even TOO easy (just how far did MS go securing the credit card data and everything? It is a one-two-bought -procedure...).

Although sadly my 360 just departed for germany for repairs, so no Geometry Wars or Zuma for a while. I really, really hope MS gets it fixed soon.

schwallman

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

where is KILLER INSTINCT?????????????????????????????

Antinous-ODY

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(asteron @ May 30 2006, 08:28 AM) View Post

<peeve>Grrr the correct phrase is I "couldn't care less".   When you say I "could care less" you are implying that you care some and possibly a great deal which is the opposite of your intent.   As usual with idiomatic expressions the meaning of the actual words are forgotten and thus mangled.</peeve>

Yeah.. I get pissed every time I see/hear that.. and that's why was looking at the forum posts..

Phantisy

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »

I have bought a few already on PC.  I will not pay for them again.  I think they are over priced anyway.  I havnt an arcade game in over a year.

yzfr1

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(schwallman @ May 31 2006, 02:52 PM) View Post

where is KILLER INSTINCT?????????????????????????????

I agree with you!!  If they put 1 and 2 on here for XBA, it would be great.  I'd buy both of them.  I'm a big fan of Geometry wars, and Kudos to BillyBlaze for hitting over 101 million.  It's only a matter of time until K4RN4GE comes back over the top.  I can't even score 1 million, but yet I'm still addicted to Geo Wars.  I can hit 500K almost every time.  My highest score is 644K.  I think I'm in 13,800th place on the leaderboards.  I'm off to play it now smile.gif

luap

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2006, 05:24:00 AM »

I've boughten several games... I love it.

Geowars, UNO, and Astropop are my favorite games

Drama!

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

I think that with Mame already working on the original xbox, this is useless. Crazy to pay for playing that

Adam6

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »

No point in paying for arcade games on 360 imo. I will just wait for a mod chip so I can run some emulators...free smile.gif

Unless I REALLY want a game from XBLA then I might buy it...MIGHT! tongue.gif

Mars10

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

Geometry Wars was the only reason i bought my 360.

The other games are just a bonus.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Drama! @ Jun 2 2006, 11:46 PM) View Post

I think that with Mame already working on the original xbox, this is useless. Crazy to pay for playing that

have you actually played any of the arcade games? we all know that they are not hardcore games, but they can be a hell of a lot of fun.

just download a couple of the free demo's and see if you cant get hooked on one or two of them.

taikwondoejoe

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

Geometry wars, bankshot, and hexic are my favorites.  Still gotta buy hexic though

natedood

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

XBLA is one of the most integral portions of the 360 for MS.

In fact, the industry is starting to pay A LOT attention to these new revenue streams, because for them, in many cases, it is equivalent to found money.

They know they aren’t cannibalizing on their mainstream business, but at the same time, they're able to nickel and dime a little extra from the hardcore gamer in many cases, and in other cases, they are attracting a fresh demographic, the "up-until-now" disinterested gamer.

I was at e3 this year and there were more than one workshop about attacking the "casual games" market.  "Sieze the minute".     smile.gif

Look for it to expand heavily in the next 3-5 years.   Considerably.

Just my 2c    happy.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6