xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Do You Plan On Getting The Upcoming Xbox 360 Camera Accessory?  (Read 898 times)

pholly

• Archived User
Do You Plan On Getting The Upcoming Xbox 360 Camera Accessory?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 10:28:00 PM »

Any games that support the camera will probably have a setting to disable/enable watching other peoples cams. Not only for the problems that have been named in this thread like pee pees and boo boos but for the fact that some people just don't have the bandwidth to view the video feeds in the first place. It's just like talking on xbox live some will use it for communication but others will use it to show their ignorance. Personally I can't wait to watch complete strangers make asses out of themselves biggrin.gif

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

Everyone keep in mind that the crappy video from E3 that shows it tracking faces of people walking by at E3 clearly (not in the literal sense lol because the quality in the video is weak) shows that it's a high-quality camera.

So far the only thing that's been announced specifically is using it as your in-game avatar (think of replacing your avatar in Halo 2 with a pic of yourself, for example), and of course for the Texas Hold Em free Live Arcade title, supporting 8 players, so you can help tell bluffs and such, and video voice chat, as well as putting your face in the game.

MS will definately have a lot more up their sleeve so I have no worries and that's why I'm stoked.

As far as lewd conduct, MS I'm sure will keep a database of every used picture taken with it on to a Live game and thus if you file a complaint I'm sure they will not only be able to, but will track down that person and see if they did use the camera improperly on that date and take proper action.

Even if it didn't have many features, I'd still buy it. It's still a cooll accessory, and hey, it's rumored to only be $40 with a free game (probably the free Texas Hold Em) and 1 month of Gold (even though most everyone has Live Gold membership).

I will get my $40+ dollars worth out of it as soon as it releases and you can bet your money on it.

Wouldn't it be cool if the PC game coming out "Spore" came to the 360 and we could put our pictures on the creatures we create? How about the Piniatas we make in Viva Piniata? Hilarious.

I can't wait, can't wait. I was really surprised they never came out with such an accessory to counter Sony when Sony did the Eye Toy.

proger

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(UrbanRiot @ May 19 2006, 02:40 PM) View Post

Agreed!  I have no desire to see nerdy little 15 year old boys with pedophile stashes, let alone hear their nasally, heavily lisped voices.

Hey! I'm 14 and I act decently on Xbox live... nothing worse that sterotyping.

(And my voice is not nasally, or heavy lisped.)

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(karswel @ May 15 2006, 04:48 AM) View Post

Just waiting until Halo 3 is released so I can buy my Halo 3 adapter... the adapter is called Xbox 360.

heheheh.      laugh.gif   i gave in and purchased my "adapter" 2 months ago.  biggest reason i have it at all is because of halo 3.

I'm not into the whole peripheral thing, so the camera doesn't really interest me--especially after all the problems i'm having with the headset.

maxlifo

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 07:41:00 AM »

Yeah can't wait.  Video chat and Eye toy style gaming for parties on my 360 smile.gif

I'd much rather have the background downloading LIVE update though!

[Adult Swim]

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

I don t like the idea that MS might be able to spy on me. WHO KNOWS IT MIGHT BE A CONSPIRACY! laugh.gif

jagermike

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »

i get it when it gets cheaper
or when i get the 12 months live
Pages: 1 2 [3]