xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Do You Plan On Getting The Upcoming Xbox 360 Camera Accessory?  (Read 896 times)

shenmuemaster

• Archived User
Do You Plan On Getting The Upcoming Xbox 360 Camera Accessory?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

Ive think the camera would be cool, incorporating it into games and such. Plus i'd love to see my m8s face after i own him on Halo 3. I like the idea of adding camera oriented games in Xbox Live Arcade, similar to the ps2 eye toy games.

Also i remember seeing a vid where someone was describing the camera's functions, and explained how the camera could recognise you, I could see that working with the idea that  when you load up the xbox 360 dash and your infront of the camera, it could associate you with your profile, and load up your profile, or maybe a lil greeting message everytime you walked in the room  biggrin.gif

shenmuemaster

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »

Heres my guess, that MS might only limit the cam to be used in a private chat, during a game, rather than seeing everybody's cam in a pregame lobby lets say. So you could only view people on cam if there on your own friends list (so at least you have some idea who your viewing)  That sounds more realistic than seeing just anybodies cam. I think MS have took 'flashing' into consideration when using the camera on LIVE tongue.gif

But pics might be a problem tho

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

I'm waiting to see...   I wouldn't ever use it to show myself during a game on live, but I look forward to the games that use the motion tracking support.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 03:05:00 PM »

I don't want some camera taking up precious bandwidth (my DSL 512 up and down barely cuts it; it's the max i can get where i live).

Spartan 195

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(shenmuemaster @ May 15 2006, 10:04 AM) View Post

Also i remember seeing a vid where someone was describing the camera's functions, and explained how the camera could recognise you, I could see that working with the idea that  when you load up the xbox 360 dash and your infront of the camera, it could associate you with your profile, and load up your profile, or maybe a lil greeting message everytime you walked in the room  biggrin.gif

That is what I'm holding out on the camera for. I got the eye toy for PS2 and it floated my boat for the first day or two than it just started getting boring. I want to see some real original ideas like having it recognize you.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

My 360 is in my home theater room which is completely dark most of the time and dimly lit the rest of the time. I can't imagine a camera would work well at all. HOWEVER I think an interesting hack could come about where the camera is modified to transmit a video feed to the 360... it could be interesting. Things like taking a picture of your face to put in a game you could have it look like the creature from the Come to Daddy video. Alternatively if you killed someone in an FPS you could send over a PWNED animation of some sort... lots of cool potential there.

I had a friend that used to do similar stuf with the headset, he'd plug the lineout on his laptop into the communicator and use soundboards from... lots of funny stuff there.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 12:59:00 AM »

i dont need one, and i cant see the need for one. i might consider it in a year or so, just to see what theyre like....not sure

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 03:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(OTSS @ May 15 2006, 06:48 PM) View Post

well I can see it now... people paying 1$ per minute to see webcam shows of some naked girls and guys... yeah thats a good idea... not

That is highly improbable; what are they going to use, MS points?

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

Sounds neat. I would try it out. I enjoy trying out non-traditional games. Guitar heroes is awsome and the new Real World Golf with the gametrac is pretty fun too. I only got them for PS2 though, I can't find cool stuff like that for xbox or xbox360 anywhere in town here where I live.

StepsAscend

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

I have no desire to communicate with other players on LIVE.  I don't even use the headset, and I mute all incoming messages.  Most of it is just profanity and rude comments, so why would I want to listen to it.  So as far as a camera goes, not interested at all.  

Now if you want a great motion based gaming system, bring back this guy:
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Power_Glove

Anyone remember this thing? HA

kolink

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

i'll see what others think first... see if it's worth it

haha yeah powerglove.. i used to have one.. boughtit at a yardsale though =( i don't think it ever worked. I also had a DDR-type mat for NES.. once again, i don't think that wored either

or maybe it was for SNES... i can't remember

Metalb00

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »

if games will support a face pic being inported to ym ingame character im totally there but for now im on the fence

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

well if ther is enough support for it from m$ (video chat, especially with people using MSN), then there would be a bit of a market for it.

but as it stands, it is like most other camerras, in that it is very dark. unless you use a high quality webcam, its hard to get a good pic. and i think that is why they wont sell many.
and for me, motionc ontrolled games get a bit boring after a while

DaKrZoNe

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

I think it's kinda wierd...one benefit to doing things online is having a bit of anonymity and like others already mentioned immaturity will be a problem and makes me leary of buying such a product.

Staple

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

i want to get one so i can cyber with japense femz  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3