xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Do You Plan On Getting The Upcoming Xbox 360 Camera Accessory?  (Read 897 times)

XanTium

• Archived User

feel free to vote/discuss.

VOlition

• Archived User
Do You Plan On Getting The Upcoming Xbox 360 Camera Accessory?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

Maybe i'll get one if it's really impressing. The only thing I don't like about the cameras for the next gen is the potential immature conduct. If you win a game, you get fingered from your opponent, your obviously won't be happy. Also it can get much worse than that if you know what I mean.

This post has been edited by VOlition: May 15 2006, 12:14 AM

Skyblast

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

Only when I need it for some kind of functionality. I'm a bit of a shy guy and barely make use of the headset, let alone a camera. smile.gif

FattyX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

i just hope they dont make it so like if you get killed in like a game or something a little camera of the guy that killed you comes up moons me or something. im pretty sure they wont do that, but like that thing they have for the poker where you put your face in the game, thats pretty cool. and i'd get it for like webcam chatting. on aim and msn its too laggy and unorganized. on the 360 it'll be nice and smooth.

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

Of course I will.

I chose the first option - "Yes, I've been waiting for it."

I have.... I can't wait for it. I don't expect it to be even close to a "must-have accessory" but for Live Arcade games like any of the card games (especially Texas Hold 'Em when it comes out soon - though I have no interest in that game, really), among some other things, too -- It'll be great.

With it being rumored a mere $40 with a free arcade game, how can I pass up that offer?

MS will come up with many ways to use it -- not just with Live Arcade titles but maybe allowing to show your picture if you're at the top of a ranking list of a game or such? Who knows. I'm definately buying it!

urmydizire

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »

i think this camera will be interesting i mean  putting your face on the characters in the games maybe a boxing game where u use your own fists truly worth the money but i still dont understand the headset and why we all sound the same and the quality sux

This post has been edited by urmydizire: May 15 2006, 01:19 AM

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »

I dont really see myself using a camera so much. Its a novel idea, but no real need for it.

I can image games using it to map your face to a face of a character, and then people abusing it by taking a photo of their ass.

patrick2269

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

I’m going to hold off on a camera and see if it is really needed  

Monkey106

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

Ha ha ha, that would be hilarious! Can you imagine getting sniped by a guy with an ass for his face?

Anyway, i'll let the camera sit for a while before I get it. I'd like to see some of its more advanced functions; I think I heard something about gesture gaming? That'd be sweet!

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »

Camera is colo and all but i dont think i have a real use for it and i dont even want to think of some of the images u might get threw that camera.

greenday54261

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

Yeah... I'll probably get it if it's good. I had the EyeToy Camera for the PS2 once upon a time, and it pretty much sucked. You could never get it into proper focus, and it was really bad at tracking your movements. I got rid of my PS2 about two months ago.

I could definitely see it being used the wrong way. Like what if some guy/girl started (use your imagination to finish the sentence) right in the middle of a game? Talk about distracting and unwanted.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »

I was impressed with the demonstration they gave on one the the videos on XBLive. But other than that, I don't see any other use that sounds compelling. So I'll wait.

karswel

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 06:17:00 AM »

Just waiting until Halo 3 is released so I can buy my Halo 3 adapter... the adapter is called Xbox 360.

bff_foeva

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »

I see many uses MS doesn't see. What about using it to interact with your facial expressions in games, like in call of duty I've always wanted my dude to go cross eyed so in the kill came they see someone cross eye'd sniping people biggrin.gif:D:D:D

The Reepr

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »

I don't think it'll live up to expectations and have the quality we are looking for. but I might consider it when a third party makes one.
Pages: [1] 2 3