xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What Do You Think Of The 360's Faceplates?  (Read 1255 times)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
What Do You Think Of The 360's Faceplates?
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(bakuhn7 @ May 8 2006, 02:53 AM) View Post

agreed, face plates r like the gayest things ever. like who would pay 20+ for something they sould spraypaint, or make themselves for cheaper, and make it cooler!!

then dumb end user.

the end user or consumer is generally seen as dumb, and it tends to be true. no matter how stupid a product you make, someone will buy it. this sort of is the case here, but it is more a case of lazyness.

in todays society, people would rather spend 20 bucks and get a face plate becasue it is different from the stock look. most people wouldnt even think of paint it.

and i bet miscrosoft and the other companies producing teh face plates are making a killing...

hackthis25

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »

come on guys.. you know you love these face plates..
they make you feel like "it's YOUR XBOX.. do what you want with it! MAKE IT YOUR OWN".. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

hahahha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) , what a load with these plastic crap plates...

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

they almost wouldnt be soo bad if theyw ere all printed. the ones that are just a peice of paper sandwitched between two peices of plastic are just a rip off

the guy who

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »

I am guessing they are just a stupid idea ms came up with to stop other types of mod (modchip,softmod etc.)

sswajeta

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »

o snap its only front?i though its thewhole skin...y waste money then...pff

highbomber

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

If it was the whole case I would love it. And MS wont even make the classic black/green from the original Xbox. If someone would come out with a full case mod that was the same colour as the original xbox I would buy it.

bigriz44

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2006, 03:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(blackchild1101 @ Apr 25 2006, 12:38 AM) View Post

Why is it that the Japense market always get the better stuff? I mean have you seen some of the Jap. (no disrepect) faceplates.

Maybe you do mean disrespect. It takes longer to type "Jap. (no disrespect)" than it does "Japanese". Just use JP.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(highbomber @ May 12 2006, 04:58 AM) View Post

If it was the whole case I would love it. And MS wont even make the classic black/green from the original Xbox. If someone would come out with a full case mod that was the same colour as the original xbox I would buy it.

m$ wont make a full case because doing that menas that you would have to take the original case off, and that would void the warranty. if they had of thought about it, then there could have been a way (eg, having two covers; one removable, one not).

techdon

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

The idea of giving you the option to change the look of the console without voiding your warranty by use of a snap-on is a good idea i think. It also shows that MS tried very hard to meet the demands of modders, just as they did with the media center integrations and other features of the dash.  I think they picked up on most of the hardware and software mods that exist for the original Xbox console.

That said, I would also agree that there is a lack of really cool plates that are worth spending money on. What I would recommened is to bundle reusable skins (similarly to that of the DELL skins) with the plates, that would allow users to change the whole appearance of the consoles. There are many types of paper stock that makes it possible to achieve different finishes from glossy and metallic to matte and plain.

That way, I think they would meet the demands of more people. As for LEDs in the plates, that is also a great idea and doesnt seem to far-fetched if you ask me.

--Just my contribution.

bumr055

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »

i don't own and 360 but, it's just like buying a skin and everyone knows people that post there skinned xbox usaly get flamed.  so i dont like the face plate but i Do think its cool that people make faceplates that you can buy on the internet because just like skins some people do not have the time, skill or money to paint and other stuff.  so face plates and skins are a good alternative to a cheap way to show off to your friends.

jagermike

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »

dont like the face plates

Peas

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]