xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: What Do You Think Of The 360's Faceplates?  (Read 1256 times)

tweak41

• Archived User
What Do You Think Of The 360's Faceplates?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 12:54:00 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  UNIFORMITY!!!! It looks like crap otherwise.  Stupid faceplates...

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 02:39:00 AM »

Don't be crap, MS tried their best. Whole case changeovers may be too difficult for some, and a security risk for ms. I reckon they've done well, even though just seeing the front different does suck.

If MS made new cases, it would defeat the purpose of case modding, and ruin our hobbies!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

I think they could have done whole case replacements easy enough, the console is mostly encapsulated in a metal cage, if you make the plastic shell snap around the metal cage not only could you change out the whole color of the case but you could also change the whole shape of it as well.

The idea definitely came from cell phones, I think lots of ideas for the 360 came from the scene but lots of others, like faceplates came from cell phones.

In any case I wouldn't mind having a faceplate if they actually made a nice looking one that was easy to acquire, the E305 and PGR3 ones I would consider buying for the $20 price tag they're charging. But unfortunately they're some of the hardest ones to get. I don't understand why you'd take a flagship game like PGR3 and make marketing paraphernalia for that game hard to get.

I also don't understand why it's only been 3rd parties so far that have released game related faceplates. From a marketing standpoint it would make more sense to sell game related faceplates, people LOVE their games way more then some random design, and when they're done with a game and ready to move on to something new they'll be more likely to buy a new game faceplate as well. You wouldn't want to still be showing off a PGR3 faceplate when PGR4 or Forza 2 rolls around with their faceplates. But with some random design you'd be more likely to just leave it on for the life of the console.

photoman

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

only ones i've liked so far are the E3 and the Korean pre-order one. I would like a nice Xbox-Scene one. just done on white with the little guy on it.

Hawk3r

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

Hopefully They will come out with Translucent Cases soon, that's be ghetto tongue.gif

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 01:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(photoman @ Apr 27 2006, 04:17 AM) View Post

only ones i've liked so far are the E3 and the Korean pre-order one. I would like a nice Xbox-Scene one. just done on white with the little guy on it.

yeah, count me in for an x-s one. i think the logo and the words 'xbox-scene' in green on the normal white background would be ace

madsci1016

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

If it dosn't involve a dremel, glue and some paint then it isn't a case mod. It is just a color option.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(madsci1016 @ Apr 28 2006, 12:22 AM) View Post

If it dosn't involve a dremel, glue and some paint then it isn't a case mod. It is just a color option.

i agree.

but i do like what flashfreak said. i know that some games have them, but it would be good if the majority of games had their own faceplates.

BadNinja3

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(africamagical @ Apr 24 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post

"I like the stock look best."
Thats some dandy grammar going on there

dude. that is technically correct.

"stock look" refers to the way it looks when stock.
you might be mistaking them to be saying "I link the stock. It looks best."

but it is correct.

d34th_r3c0n

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »

Poor excuse for a case mod... if you want to "personalize" it, mod it yourself!

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Apr 24 2006, 07:21 PM) View Post

the face plates that i got when i purchased my 360 were just a peice of paper sandwitched between two peices of plastic.

it would be nice if they were printed, they would be better then

What's the manufacturer of this face plate? I think you could take it appart and make your own design with the paper as a template. Im interested in getting one so please get back to me.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Odb718 @ Apr 29 2006, 09:33 AM) View Post

What's the manufacturer of this face plate? I think you could take it appart and make your own design with the paper as a template. Im interested in getting one so please get back to me.

yeah you can take it apart and put your own one in there

Decepticon420

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »

I have seen the 'make your own' faceplate, but you have to wait 3 weeks for it.  How 'bout a program that will let you print on a template or plain paper any design you want.  Of course it will have to come with a special faceplate that will allow you to put the paper in it, in some sort of way.  The face playes I have seen are all junk, except for the chrome one....

And at $20 a pop, it better be damn good looking.

...oops, didn't see the previous post, what is the manufacturer of that faceplate?  I would like to make a template for it...

mario_ps2

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »

I really don't give a darn about it. tongue.gif   What we really want is GOOD GAMES... and a BIGGER HARD DRIVE..
..and HD-DVD ROM..... period.. biggrin.gif

funnyperson1

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

Imho they are ugly and a poor excuse for a case-mod.  It just seems so out of place because they don't match the rest of the case.  I have seen some that look good on the stock white, but they are rare.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5