xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What Do You Think Of The 360's Faceplates?  (Read 1254 times)

Heet

• Archived User
What Do You Think Of The 360's Faceplates?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »

So gay.  Just so gay.

jamie123

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »

there's none i would buy, make one that's not one solid color, i don't want a solid color that just doesn't fit with my xbox, someone needs to design an XBOX-SCENE one...with a white background so it matches the box, with the xbox-scene little guy big going across the faceplate, that'd be sick, until something like that comes out, i'm not going to buy a faceplate that looks nothing like my xbox 360 at all, and looks awkward when put on.

JD1

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

to plain, but if XS could get some made i would be #1 of the order  biggrin.gif  Hint Hint...

spankytheking

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

unless your gonna put some pix on there ur gonna whack off too who cares what it looks like.

tho if ur a show off nerd put some lights or something on there that would be cool....but still a waste of money.

danielmid

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 12:35:00 AM »

decalgirl.com has downloadable photoshop templates for the 360 faceplate so you can design your own. If its a non-copyrighted image they will even print it for you. Here is the link. 360 Template Page You do have to register, but you get a high quality photoshop or jpg image to work with.

Here's an example of mine:
IPB Image

kdezzy78

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 05:03:00 AM »

If you have a core system, like me, then you need to get a faceplate. It looks terrible without one, and if your not going to void your warranty for a lil while then def need it. I just made a blue one and stuck it on there and it looks nice.

The Reepr

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

This IS a sad excuse for a new case I hate the white I want CLEAR or GREEN or some other color. I hate faceplaces (exept the platinum one I got)

InfernO8

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 10:35:00 AM »

Well the faceplates are really lame, but I am happy that they didn't make the console's case able to be swapped. Because they would find some way to mess it up. They should allow us to open our consoles, and repair them if we mess em up, just charge us more for the repair.

MaTiAz

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

The faceplate as the only exchangeable part is IMO a stupid idea. A whole case would be better.

VGman17

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(sameatshamhaha @ Apr 25 2006, 05:18 AM) View Post

they rip offs aswell $29.99 (nzd) for a shitty peace of plastic, yea right!!!!

Definitely. I might get one if they were cheaper.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

The only faceplate I've liked so far is the E3 05 faceplate.

IPB Image

kolink

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

yeah tehy are liek teh gay

Malenko

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Apr 25 2006, 09:47 PM) View Post

The only faceplate I've liked so far is the E3 05 faceplate.

IPB Image

that should have been the stock plate imo.

the idea of the faceplates is good, but as everyone has alluded to, the execution of them has sucked. there is not a single after market plate I like, other then the PGR3 one. I got my COD2 one for $10 just for a change and I got the outfit one free and dont use it cause its down right retarded.. I mean the guys face is right on the USB flap and you can make him talk LOL

I saw a black one for 10 bux that I would have bought if it didnt have that ugly green logo on it. The football ones were kinda cool too, except I like hokey.

hopefully MS gets their heads out of their butts and makes some cool ones and sells them for $10 a pop then I'd be more inclined to buy one, till then I hope XCM makes a complete black case & plate, then I'll change  the lights to blue and it can match my old XBOX

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

I think it was a way to attract people to their product. I know of lots of people that bought nokia phones becuase of how many aftermarket skins and keypads you could get. Its a gimick. I think it was a good marketing device and makes for some additional income for those who care.

EnergySurge

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »

You see, here's how I take the whole "faceplate" idea from M$'s standing...

The marketing team thinking of ways (and the people designing the console) to make money, and in this, they have probably seen custom designed XBOX Consoles and then thought, HEY, if we allow them (stupid kids is probably what they think of all of us) to change one thing without voiding the warranty (changing one thing, ie, faceplate), then we could make alot of money!

*NOTE* anyways everyone, sorry, im just pretty wrecked right now, 20th birthday for me and im DESTROYYYYED biggrin.gif

And thats how the faceplate changing thing came along!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5