xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Do You Own An Xbox360?  (Read 1718 times)

stezo2k

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »

Had mine around 3 months and I cant keep off it, great console

LVmOddER

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2006, 12:56:00 AM »

Got mine on 1.6.06 at 6:30 PM in a local Circuit City. Didn't even have to wait in line for 12 hours or anything becuase I WAS the first one in line when I came!!  tongue.gif

funnyperson1

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »

I'll get one if it is ever modded to run unsigned code and the price drops below $200, otherwise no.  I don't think either of those things will happen in the next 12 months so I'll abstain from actually voting in the poll.

Alex Atkin UK

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

Suit yourselves (people who think the 360 isnt worth it).  

While im having a blast on Burnout Revenge (which totally KICKS the Xbox versions ass btw, you can actually SEE the oncoming traffic in time to dodge it now its in 720p) you guys can moan about how its not worth the price.

If they ever sort out the backwards compatibility then the 360 will be even better as playing Xbox games at 720p gives them a whole new lease of life.  MUCH better than the PS2 improvements for PS1 games (though considering Xbox games have to be recompiled then no surprise).

flbeserk

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alex Atkin UK @ Mar 31 2006, 01:53 PM) View Post

Suit yourselves (people who think the 360 isnt worth it).  

While im having a blast on Burnout Revenge (which totally KICKS the Xbox versions ass btw, you can actually SEE the oncoming traffic in time to dodge it now its in 720p) you guys can moan about how its not worth the price.

If they ever sort out the backwards compatibility then the 360 will be even better as playing Xbox games at 720p gives them a whole new lease of life.  MUCH better than the PS2 improvements for PS1 games (though considering Xbox games have to be recompiled then no surprise).

glad you're enjoying it so much. the 360 version is much better but int he end it's the same game.  i bought the 360 version and it was much easier than the xbox one.  every time i played a level i'd get gold in one or two tries.  I wish they'd remake burnout 3.  I enjoyed it more since the levels were more out there revenge just feels more industrial and traffic checking just makes the game less challenging in my opinion.  but it's worth buying it again though.  Well i reserved my x360 around march 2005.  Due to low shipments people were going to get calls to pick them up.  They didnt' have enough so I didn't get a call.  I called them to see where I was on that list.  I was the next person on the list.  I was shocked and I expected mine would arrive in no more than a week or so.  since they only need to get like 1 and i get it.  but yea gamestop started being gay and recieved the systems but sold them online instead of shipping them out to stores.  They told me i should at least get it before christmas.  december 24th I'm awakened by a call saying my x360 came it.  and I laughed, because they were right.  It arrived before christmas.  Got pd0 didn't like so I was dissapointed got doa 4 beat it. then put the 360 away.  brought it back out for G.R.A.W and revenge and might get rumble roses now.  so I don't know.  I dont' play my 360 much, sure I can play it online and play other people, but i'm not into all that online playing.  That's why I'm not into the system so much i suppose since it mainly focuses on everything being online.  I played revenge online a few times, once me and some other people were facing some people from france, and they kept dissing us, and we started to diss them back.  they kept saying stupid americans etc etc, and yet they're using a product created by americans.  after that I really didn't want to play online anymore.  cuz ridiculous stuff like that goes on and it just takes the fun out of the game.

pugpowr

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

To day, when i got home from work, there was a 360 premium waiting for me at the dinner table.

My wife said that i never buy anything for my self, only to her, so she gave me a 360......

How about that?

c0d3_z3r0

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

I had mine since midnight on the turn of the new year.
No problems with the console at all and Oblivion is awesome!

Jeffrc

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

dont have one yet, i havent been excited about any games that have been released yet. until some games i want are out, and until i can buy whatever i want( ie screw all this $900 package crap) im waiting it out.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(-Natas- @ Mar 31 2006, 08:12 PM) View Post

Disagree, I don't care as you have a right to your own opinion. Since I'm not a fan of online play or care about pretty graphics modern gaming is just not for me. Modern gaming is all about money, the games cost more then most of the cartridge games from back in the day that actually had a circuit board in them. You got all the nice fees for playing online and downloading maps which is just stupid (no I'm not poor, just don't think I should have to pay to play with idiots or pay for maps that should have been in the game in the first place). I'm no longer paying to play online with rude people, cheating lamers, or getting cussed out by some timmie (someone under the age of 18), that is just not my idea of fun. Modern gaming is just a cookie cutter industry and that is just boring. Games from back in the day were about gameplay, fun factor, and innovation (granted there were not as many games out back then so doing something new was not that hard) which is what I look for in a game.

You mentioned Halo 2, well I feel that Halo 2 is one of the worse FPS's ever made. I traded my Halo 2 for 4 NES games a couple weeks ago. The more I played Halo 2 the more I hated it as there is no skill needed to win in Halo 2, just dumb luck. Plus there is way too many morons online in that game.

I wasn't having a dig at you bud, just saying what I thought. But live doesn't cost very much considering what you get for your money + most games come with a free Live trail so you dont really need to pay for extra downloadable content etc. Yeah you do get a lot of dicks online but once you play a few ppl and get a friends list going it becomes much less of an issue. As for your comment "I feel that Halo 2 is one of the worse FPS's ever made" I dont see how but yeah that is just your opinion I suppose.

Gaming has always been about making money. Its not like they made the first games consoles and sold them to the public just for fun is it?. Its just nowadays its a much bigger and more streamlined business.

focusracer1

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

but of course. let's thank the labor laws that allowed me to work overtime forcing my company to pay me time and a half... jester.gif

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

nice poll, nothing to comment about

Emperor Awesome

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2006, 01:10:00 AM »

The 360 doesn't seem to offer anything special compared to a high-end PC, unless you wanna continually pay for Live and premium downloads. It's a very specific PC.

Viva la Revolution! This, I feel, will be the only next gen system that will stand out as a gaming console, just like the good old days.

It seems like we've come full-circle. Prior to consoles, there were PC's marketed toward gamers withe the C64 and Apple 2 and so on. In the middle of the curve PC's and consoles offered very unique experiences, mutually exclusive of one another. Now in the seeming denoument, consoles and PC's are intersecting once more with the 360 and PS3. If the ingenuity of Nintendo doesn't hold, I fear a gaming apocolypse similar to 20 years ago.

Just my thoughts.

leorimolo

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

I live in CR and ordered from circuit city 2 days before launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wootage but they took it away:(

timeage

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

I looked for one since Christmas.  As soon as store got them in they were gone... I think employees were tipping off friends or something.  I was beginning to think Id never find one.   mad.gif  But then one monday in the middle of March I walked into an EB Games and low and behold there they were 3 Beautiful Premium systems  smile.gif  I Plunked down my creditcard and cha ching!!! It was mine along with PGR3 and Burnout Revenge.  I play it every day and LOVE it.  My wife thinks I am nuts but she is addicted to pogo.com and spends an equal amount of time with that.  All in all with the new features on LIVE and the Kicken graphics and butt kicking gameplay I am very happy.  I just wish id found one sooner.

misterhoangdai

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

i bought one from the second shipment and haven't been playing it much for some reason. i haven't quite found a game that'll keep me glued for hours.  wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6