xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Do You Own An Xbox360?  (Read 1719 times)

litium33

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 02:13:00 AM »

Waiting for unsigned code execution...

I'm not going to put a dime on it before i can freely run what I like (i.e. Linux)

L

Karlos The Jackal

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 03:37:00 AM »

I got one after X-mas over in the UK, and i love it smile.gif

I got a primum for only £220 so im happy smile.gif

decube

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 05:07:00 AM »

Got it on launch day here in sweden,  only 2 hours waiting in line and the 360 premium was mine smile.gif No heating problems or bugs.

alou

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 05:19:00 AM »

I got a prem one on launch too here in Greece and Oblivion is about to get me fired (from my job).

The.Deceitful

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

I work at GameStop so it wasn't hard. smile.gif
On my second now....

First one had overheating problems and sent it to a repair facility in Texas. They sent me a new one with an EXTRA HDD because I sent my with it. So I had 2 HDD's

Second one came and they gave me a complimentary 2 year service contract for switching my Live account to 360 since I've had live since day 1. No problems yet and thoroughly enjoying Oblivion ATM.

Roupus

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 05:50:00 AM »

Got mine on Launch Day!  Waited in my car outside of walmart and was planning to go stand in line when ppl started to show up.  Then I awoke and it was 9 in the morning, not good.  All the 360's were sold out at the store I was at so i raced down to Future shop and got myself the last core, not to proud of the core but it was available.

No glitches no freezes!

Jagosix

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 06:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(-Natas- @ Mar 30 2006, 04:02 AM) View Post

Don't have one, Don't want one. I was not a big fan of the games on the Xbox (mainly FPS's) and I'm not a fan of online play so buying a Xbox 360 would be a big waste of cash on my part. I have 9 different console's hooked up right now so I think I'm good on the whole console front. I even own some dupes incase one of my consoles breaks on me I won't have to go out and buy a new one.  wink.gif

Hello. You have 9 consoles? I hope their the ones that cant be emulated. You must be collecting them. I had all the consoles from atari all the way up2 today, but i only use the emulators to play my games. The PC/Xbox can emulate Most of the consoles anyway. Takes up less space & can do things the orignals can't.

I love playing my X360. Oblivion is not an online multiplayer game. You think all x360 games are going to be fps? Most games can be played online, offline, system-link, co-op, etc... If you don't want to play online then don't, but you do spend a lot of time online with your computer. So are you going to get a PS3? if yes, then are you going to play online? if yes, then you just made a false statement. If not . Have fun playing all by yourself.

happosai1

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 10:06:00 AM »

Got lucky and got mine in December, however I'm on my 3rd one now.

First one had lock up issues with the red ring of light

Second one, same thing.

Third one works fine. Lovin Oblivion. I do have to compliment MS on how quick a turn around there is on exchanging my faulty systems. The whole process only took about a week and a half to get my good system. Only bad thing was that one of reps told me to format my HDD when it wasn't necessary. Good thing that was before Oblivion came out.

skater_4_life_ez

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

i bought 3 at zero hour sold 2 on ebay and bought a 32 inch hd lcd tv no bugs nothing

ohh and i currently have 18 games for it i wanna collect them all

lord^infamous

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

The 360 is a waste of money to me.  I might be in a small percent but the way I see it is that my xbox runs circles around the 360.  People say to me I should get one because of 50 inch HD plasma but i'm not too concerned oh how a game looks because when I buy a game I buy it for the game play and not the graphics.  I will admit that when the 360 is as expandable as the xbox I will get one.

-Natas-

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jagosix @ Mar 30 2006, 07:51 AM) View Post

Hello. You have 9 consoles? I hope their the ones that cant be emulated. You must be collecting them. I had all the consoles from atari all the way up2 today, but i only use the emulators to play my games. The PC/Xbox can emulate Most of the consoles anyway. Takes up less space & can do things the orignals can't.

I love playing my X360. Oblivion is not an online multiplayer game. You think all x360 games are going to be fps? Most games can be played online, offline, system-link, co-op, etc... If you don't want to play online then don't, but you do spend a lot of time online with your computer. So are you going to get a PS3? if yes, then are you going to play online? if yes, then you just made a false statement. If not . Have fun playing all by yourself.

Some of the consoles I own can be emulated but the emu is just not the same as the console itself. Room is not an issue with me and yes I like to collect games and consoles. I know Oblivion is not online and I'm aware that not all online games are FPS. I'm also aware that I can play Oblivion on my PC so why waste $400 USD on a Xbox 360 for one game, that is a waste of cash. No, I'm not getting a Playstation 3 either so it's not that I'm hating on the Xbox 360. I've played my friend's Xbox 360 and I just was not impressed with it. I just don't care for modern gaming anymore as it's all about graphics and online play. Gaming use to be gamers making games for gamers but now it's all about CEO's making their pockets as fat as possible. Games themselves are just not as good as they use to be, IMO. So I'm done with modern gaming as I just don't enjoy most of the modern games.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(-Natas- @ Mar 30 2006, 08:22 PM) View Post

Gaming use to be gamers making games for gamers but now it's all about CEO's making their pockets as fat as possible. Games themselves are just not as good as they use to be.

I totally disagree with you on that. Yes games are big business but games nowadays are sooo much better than they were say 10 years ago. I only recently discovered Xbox Live for games like Halo 2, Ghost Recon 2, Burnout 3, etc, etc and my mind was and still is totally blown away by it!. Its just so much fun and too addictive!.

Wiggin78

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

I bought 2 premiums at Zero Hour and sold both on Ebay. I searched for one for myself for the next 3 weeks. Finally when the local Wal-Mart got a shipment I bought 3 more, kept one for myself and sold the other 2 on Ebay. I also sold my Zero hour faceplate, sweatshirt, and key chains on Ebay. The 360 has been vary profitable for me. I plan on buying 10 PS3's. Free 360 and PS3 for me. biggrin.gif

Andronicus

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

My vote recently changed to "Plan to buy one soon" due to the recent DVD mod sucsess.

Wolf12886

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

Grapics are sick, but the launch lineup just wasn't there, no variety, the one game i was looking forward to sucked worse than i could have possibly imagined (PD) not to mention all the overheating and what not. until more games come out and it gets more reliable, im not getting one, the only good game ive played for it is COD which is very good, but its not enough to warent $400 for a live ready system.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6