xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: When Do You Think The Ps3 Will Be Released In Usa?  (Read 1556 times)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
When Do You Think The Ps3 Will Be Released In Usa?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 05:55:00 AM »

re: -Spud-

we all have our own opinions on that. games make or break a console, that is for sure. but th reason why the ps2 has far more games is becauyse it was out for ages before the xbox hit the scene. it will be different this time around

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Feb 24 2006, 08:02 AM) View Post

re: -Spud-

we all have our own opinions on that. games make or break a console, that is for sure. but th reason why the ps2 has far more games is becauyse it was out for ages before the xbox hit the scene. it will be different this time around

yeah, ps2 had time to work out the bugs and figure out how to take advantage of its games before the xbox even launched. i would not call tekken tag and fantavision a strong first impression. the system was unbelivably hyped by sony, and it was leaps and bounds more powerful then the psx and n64 (i'm not mentioning dreamcast since i think sega could have made it last longer if they supported it), and i belive this sold alot of systems. by the time xbox launched, sony had a huge install base already and because of the headstart, already had some good games.

this time around, MS has that headstart, and a year from now when ps3 launches, it may be the same thing all over again in MSs favor. all the people who say the 360 has no must have games right now, look at any systems launch. i would take doa4, nfs:mw, condemned, perfect dark zero, and call of duty 2 over fantavision any day.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Feb 25 2006, 08:38 AM) View Post

this time around, MS has that headstart, and a year from now when ps3 launches, it may be the same thing all over again in MSs favor. all the people who say the 360 has no must have games right now, look at any systems launch. i would take doa4, nfs:mw, condemned, perfect dark zero, and call of duty 2 over fantavision any day.

good point. and it would be great if they launch halo 3 just before the ps3

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 03:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Unregistered007 @ Feb 23 2006, 05:27 PM) View Post

if you believe that troll you are a bigger moron than he is.

If ur refferring to the other guy, who said anyone believes him?  I'm the one calling bullshit.

But I hope ur not reffereing to me...

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Feb 24 2006, 02:09 AM) View Post

the two odd years that the ps2 had over teh xbox meant that it shat all over it.

It wasn't just the two year lead of the PS2 that made it difficult for the xbox; it was also the 5-6 year lead of the playstation that sony had on top of that.  I don't think the xbox will come out on top for a while.  If Sony completely fails for some reason this time around, the xbox will be successful next generation.  If sony is still successful, xbox won't have a chance till a couple more generations after this one.  It's just how it is.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Feb 25 2006, 09:17 AM) View Post

But I hope ur not reffereing to me...
It wasn't just the two year lead of the PS2 that made it difficult for the xbox; it was also the 5-6 year lead of the playstation that sony had on top of that.  I don't think the xbox will come out on top for a while.  If Sony completely fails for some reason this time around, the xbox will be successful next generation.  If sony is still successful, xbox won't have a chance till a couple more generations after this one.  It's just how it is.

yeah, good point that. well if sony doesnt launch by xmas 2007, then it will be a level playing feild. probably slightly in m$'s favour for the reast of the world not including japan

hitman24

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »

It doesn't matter to me; Windows XP Meida Center Endion with DISOcver MY Games and my X-BOX handal all my gaming needs.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(-Spud- @ Feb 24 2006, 04:38 AM) View Post

I love my Xbox and I aint no PlayStation Fanboy either, it's just common fact they do better games.

rolleyes.gif

Common fact?........ more like opinion; your statement suggest the you are indeed what you say you are not.

And you name one game that supposedly is inferior on the xbox, while over 90% of cross-platform games look and play better on the xbox.  Now that is "Common Fact".

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Feb 25 2006, 01:35 PM) View Post

And you name one game that supposedly is inferior on the xbox, while over 90% of cross-platform games look and play better on the xbox.  Now that is "Common Fact".

yeah, i agree. it is a well known fact that the xbox is easier to code for then the ps2, somethign the devolopers loved

BadNinja3

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »

i think the ps3 will release(whereever it does) around q1 2007.  but personally, im planning to get the revolution if nintendo gets the controller to work good b/c to me, console gaming is all about multiplayer, and nintendo does pretty good with that.  also, if i ever want to play a graphically amazing first person shooter, i can just boot up my computer.  

console games are meant for multiplayer.  whoever has more good multiplayer games will win the war.

ComputerTech

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

Who cares when its released. The 360 is all I need.

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »

i hope it releases Q4 2006, only because i have some live expectations for the system, i work for a bank and well sometimes, the managers may have their own preferences depending where this exact branch may be located and a few woman simply are hard core gamers, an 05-07-06 release is perfect for me, 05-07-06 will be fine with the release of graw,

ronetone

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

september-december 2006 just in time for x-mas  biggrin.gif

Jinkz

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

100% not this year, the hardware won't be finalised for ages, I expect a mid 2007 release.

The Bat

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

My 2ยข, which is mostly from info that drifts my way and guessing, says late 2006 for Japan at the earliest.  Why?

For starters, Sony typically is a bit noisier in their promotion of the finished product when it's only months away.  Sure, Sony is likely being quieter than usual right now, but there have been reports of Sony's third parties facing financial risks and losses because even they don't know when the PS3 will ship, or in what numbers.  It's kind of hard to base sales figures of your 8 figure game when you don't know that much.

Retailers also need several months between when they find out exactly what they can order for their stock, and how many to order, and the time it actually hits their retail outlets.  Factor in the typical delay between when Sony releases in Japan and when they release in the US, and a US Fall 2006 launch seems remote, at best.  That is, unless they repeat MS's tactic of a global launch at year-end to get the '06 holiday sales, and face the lack of stock that goes with it.

But wait, there's more!  Didn't we recently see the first demoes of the first high definition DVD players a little over a month back?  The cheapest self-contained Blu-Ray player was $1,000, by a Sony third party.  If Sony were to release a direct competitor to that player, which could also play the latest console video games, at half the price, don't you think that Sony third party would be more than a little pissed off?

Sony is currently the main player in this industry, commanding a rather large lead in sales and support over MS.  In the coming months, we'll likely see the normal Sony tactics of overblown specs, with images of games in development, and a first glance at actual hardware instead of "artists conceptions", of such hardware as the console casing.  Sony is likely banking on that lead to carry them through.

The actual launch hardware, and this is again 100% guesswork, might not have as many things bundled in with the console itself as what's currently believed.  The cell processor, and the graphics card, and the Blu-Ray drive won't be cheap, and even subsidizing those costs with losses of hundreds of dollars per console may not cover it.  In fact, I can picture the PS3 launch as being similar to the 360 Core system launch.  The HDD will be a seperate component, and wireless controllers will be available as an extra, with wired controllers being the standard.  Blu-Ray games will be playable, but the BIOS may be set up to not allow Blu-Ray movie playback without the purchase of an additional dongle, much like DVD playback with the first XBox.

And if you want those extras?  Well, you'd have to purchase them from Sony and from Sony's licensed partners.  And the approach may be a quasi-repeat of the movie playback which was build into the PSP, which Sony also sold initially at a loss of hundreds of dollars.  In the same way that you had to pay $30 to watch a stripped down version of a $20 DVD movie on your PSP, I'm guessing that they'll sell the "missing" PS3 peripherals at a much higher cost than they cost to manufacture.

And if Halo 3 isn't ready by then, or even if it is, expect MS to counter with a price drop for the 360.  It wouldn't surprise me if, as far as sales ratios go, we see a repeat of the Genesis/SNES days with the two leads trading the <2% sales lead a few times per year.  And if Nintendo's gamble on their new styled controller and their retro library doesn't pan out, they'll be the next TurboGrafx.

sentinel0

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

I think some where in early 07.  They still havn't got anything close to a final price and manufacturing cost are some where around 800-900 bucks.  I sure that problem will have to be address before anything else.  That means going back over hardware and bean counting and that's going to take some time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6