xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: When Do You Think The Ps3 Will Be Released In Usa?  (Read 1553 times)

ferrari2006

• Archived User
When Do You Think The Ps3 Will Be Released In Usa?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »

sony has stated yesterday that the launch of the ps3 would be in the fall, that would be the jap date and us will probably follow 3 to 5 mts after that, which would put it  Q1 2007

assmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(marauderrt10 @ Feb 23 2006, 07:14 AM)

They havent even had a working model yet, my brother works for sony and he even says they are watering it down now. They arent putting a HD inside of it, also Blu-Ray is gone, since the disc speed is still too slow to keep up with hd-dvd. the controllers will NOT be bluetooth, they are using usb controllers instead. So pretty much the ps3 is going to suck (i knew this from the start anyway lol)

Don't EVEN start up shit like that... I'm not exaclty a huge fan of sony, but I highly doubt they're not gunna have wireless controllers; not having a hdd is plausable, but I would hope they're not THAT stupid; as for blue-ray not being there, who really knows at this point... it seems they'll never finalize it, but if they don't put it in the PS3, it'll be the stupidest thing they've ever done since that's what they've hyped the most and it'll be what gives it the edge on everything else. And it's not too slow. It's pretty much on par with current DVDs (give or take on certain aspects).

Please... no more stupid rumors till we hear more.

i Think hes refering to the beta not the final model.Devs still get a ugly ass case to look at .

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

Well Sony has a habit of not delivering everything they promise. PS1 and PS2 had a ton of things that got knocked off the list by launch date. Hell if they get two tv out signals I'll buy one, but I wont believe it'll have it 'till I see it. I can't see them coming out with EVERYTHING they promised by Christmas. If it hits the shelves before the 25th it wont be packing everything they've said it would. So by that standard I say Feb 2007 for what's been promised.

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »

sony = not retard,  it will not be in 2007.  i'm 99.8% certain of this.  not releasing in 2006 would make them loose sales and there stock would tank.  i can't beleieve so many people voted for a 2007 date.  i guess its just xbox fanboys not knowing sony.

Unregistered007

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Feb 23 2006, 04:35 PM) View Post

Don't EVEN start up shit like that... I'm not exaclty a huge fan of sony, but I highly doubt they're not gunna have wireless controllers; not having a hdd is plausable, but I would hope they're not THAT stupid; as for blue-ray not being there, who really knows at this point... it seems they'll never finalize it, but if they don't put it in the PS3, it'll be the stupidest thing they've ever done since that's what they've hyped the most and it'll be what gives it the edge on everything else.  And it's not too slow.  It's pretty much on par with current DVDs (give or take on certain aspects).

Please... no more stupid rumors till we hear more.

if you believe that troll you are a bigger moron than he is.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

ok who cares what it ships with. who cares what my moms friends roomate that bumped into a guy who knows a guy that works for sony.  when will it ship? as a person who sells on ebay i hope christmas. i personaly dont think it will be here in the states for christmas. it should be out in jap by then. i will say one thing about the blu ray drive. there is no way sony would ever launch without it. they have to much at stake for them not too.

gamerguy999

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »

june-july in japan, september-november in the USA.

wolrahnaes

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

Late 2006.

There's absolutely no way it will make a Spring launch like they've claimed unless they have managed to maintain an almost Apple-like secrecy about the current status of the product, which is basically impossible given the number of dev teams that have to be involved.

The dev kit as far as we know is still basically a PC size-wise and runs at a fraction of the supposed final speed.  nVidia has publically stated that they have not recieved any orders for RSX chips.  The "Cell" has yet to be seen in the wild.  Blu-Ray is all but stalled, along with HD-DVD.
All of those things add up to at least 7 months before we see the PS3.  I do not expect to see anything even close to playable at E3, not even to the point of the early X360 demos running on the G5s.

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

Late 2006 only if they choose to NOT deliver on some of their promises (like someone else said about the PS1 and PS2)

Early 2007 if they stick with everything that they have stated it will have/support

Maybe earlier if they have already kidnapped some dev teams and began manufacturing components in some "hidden" plants in unknown countries... biggrin.gif

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »

i think there is a lot of optimistic people in this thread. my bet is just before xmas in japan, and late Q1 for usa. the rest of the world will probably get it Q4 07.

but seen as there has been nothign concrete from sony, even that may be a little optimistic

brispet1

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

I thought there had already been a semi-official announcement not to expect anything in the us until q2 2007
q1 at the earliest I'll see if I can find the link.

-Spud-

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 02:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Feb 23 2006, 06:20 PM) View Post

im not a big fan of the ps3, but if they do not release before xmas 06, they may as well not make a ps3 at all

Pfft what load of rubbish. Even if they release it 2007 the PS3 will still outsell the Xbox 360 worldwide in the end. Have you not been reading all the stats Xbox-Scene post from time to time. The 360 has a chance at winning over the US market but the US population certainly does not represent the world market when it comes to consoles.

I love Xbox Fanboys. So full of wisdom.
biggrin.gif

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 03:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(-Spud- @ Feb 24 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

Pfft what load of rubbish. Even if they release it 2007 the PS3 will still outsell the Xbox 360 worldwide in the end. Have you not been reading all the stats Xbox-Scene post from time to time. The 360 has a chance at winning over the US market but the US population certainly does not represent the world market when it comes to consoles.

I love Xbox Fanboys. So full of wisdom.
biggrin.gif

well i think you shoudl look to the past for an example of what to expect.

the two odd years that the ps2 had over teh xbox meant that it shat all over it. the only thing that propped the xbox up was live. now if sony lets MS have the market all to theirselfs, then the 360 will have a HUGE install base when the ps3 launches, and there wont eb a huge amount of sales for it. honestly, i belive that a centralised gaming service for the plastion is the only thing that will keep it alive.

but for teh japanese market, its a different story. the jap's will allways go teh plastation, no matter what happens. MS cannot seriously think that they can win the greater market share in that country. but they are trying to steal sales, and are succeding.

if sony hands teh market over the MS fro two years, and does meet the launch (in america atleast) in q4 2007, then they can kiss most of the global market goodbye.

and by the way, im not 'xbox fanboy'. it tell em as i seem em, and how the trend sof the past show what will happen.

-Spud-

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 04:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Feb 24 2006, 08:09 PM) View Post

well i think you shoudl look to the past for an example of what to expect.

The past tells me it's the games that win over the console. Not release dates, not power, not specs. Games. PlayStation - Hands down winner. PS2 same thing.

I love my Xbox and I aint no PlayStation Fanboy either, it's just common fact they do better games. Here is a prime example... Race Driver 3 just released this week. You'd think the PS2 and Xbox version would be simular. Nope. PS2 outshines the Xbox equivilent in every way. Realistic car handling, realisic car physics. Xbox version is all dumbed down and turned into an arcade game. Some even say the graphics look better on the PS2!

Once Xbox start making games properly and stop catering for average or midrange users only; start growing some balls and taking some risks with some games, then and only then will I be worried Xbox will take over PlayStation.

LordX

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 04:34:00 AM »

XMAS 2006 in JAPAN
at E3 2007 in USA
Summer 2007 in Europe

for shure !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6