xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: When Do You Think The Ps3 Will Be Released In Usa?  (Read 1555 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
When Do You Think The Ps3 Will Be Released In Usa?
« on: February 22, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

feel free to vote/discuss.

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

feb 2007

adeon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 12:33:00 AM »

well... sony is a  ---jap" company.....

we all know that the japs release their crap over thier during the sep - Dec,

so itl take a bit longer for us her in the US/.

sad.gif

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 01:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(glitch58 @ Feb 23 2006, 05:48 PM) View Post

Fourth Quarter 06' would only make sence. To let MS have another holiday season with no compition would mean big trouble for sony.

im not a big fan of the ps3, but if they do not release before xmas 06, they may as well not make a ps3 at all

kdezzy78

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 04:40:00 AM »

Looks like sony will be competeing with nintendo tongue.gif.

EmbEn

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 04:43:00 AM »

yeah, i agree.
They need to get it out for christmas this year. Will they achieve this?

I am not really sure. They have not finished anything. They are still deciding on the specs and overall design of the console.
So they have to do that, then actually mass produce them.
Test the console for bugs, get the launch titles ready, Market the console, get it out to all the shops.

They are no where near ready. No-one has played a single title on it yet and sony have tight lipped about the whole thing. We know hardly anything about the console/the games it will have.

The spring release is never gonna happen. Never. Even if they totally rushed the whole thing, it still wont happen. Get real.

I can see it being later this year for japan and late 2006/early 2007 for america and later still for europe and the rest of the world.

Then theres going to be shortages.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 04:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(kdezzy78 @ Feb 23 2006, 10:47 PM) View Post

Looks like sony will be competeing with nintendo tongue.gif.

lol good quote

EmbEn: you have hit the nail on the head, they will try to take advatange of the xbox 360's lack of take-off in japan, and launch there first.
sony will allways have the japanese market, no matter what. but teh rest of the world, which is a huge market compared to japan alone, will most likely be all MS.

to be honest: id rather the ps3 not take off around the world. its a japanese console, and the 360 is basically a rest-of-the-world thing

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »

September - December here in the US.  That's what a lot of analysts and experts are estimating, and it's their "deadline" for release.  Shopping season adds to the hype, just ask MS.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 06:26:00 AM »

Based on how behind the hype curve they are, and with no actual physical beta products to speak of I cant see anything sooner then Q4 06 release IN JAPAN. I doubt they'll pull the same stunt as MS and launch world wide, If they miss the Q4 06 deadline in the US then there's no rush (because they missed the boat) so I suspect a US launch probably Q2 07.

marauderrt10

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

They havent even had a working model yet, my brother works for sony and he even says they are watering it down now. They arent putting a HD inside of it, also Blu-Ray is gone, since the disc speed is still too slow to keep up with hd-dvd. the controllers will NOT be bluetooth, they are using usb controllers instead. So pretty much the ps3 is going to suck (i knew this from the start anyway lol)

OTSS

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »

I am not even going to comment on all the people who say 2007. It will come out Q4 2006. Sony is all about hype. They will be tightlipped on the whole thing until a couple months before it is released. They will announce it over the summer and have a launch right around october for jap's and december for US and Canada. 2007 will only be a figure the Euro's and Aussies and rest of the world will see.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(marauderrt10 @ Feb 23 2006, 07:14 AM) View Post

They havent even had a working model yet, my brother works for sony and he even says they are watering it down now. They arent putting a HD inside of it, also Blu-Ray is gone, since the disc speed is still too slow to keep up with hd-dvd. the controllers will NOT be bluetooth, they are using usb controllers instead. So pretty much the ps3 is going to suck (i knew this from the start anyway lol)

Don't EVEN start up shit like that... I'm not exaclty a huge fan of sony, but I highly doubt they're not gunna have wireless controllers; not having a hdd is plausable, but I would hope they're not THAT stupid; as for blue-ray not being there, who really knows at this point... it seems they'll never finalize it, but if they don't put it in the PS3, it'll be the stupidest thing they've ever done since that's what they've hyped the most and it'll be what gives it the edge on everything else.  And it's not too slow.  It's pretty much on par with current DVDs (give or take on certain aspects).

Please... no more stupid rumors till we hear more.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

I think theyll definately release it during the holiday season. Finished or not, I would guess thats a heavy duty deadline to be met. Other wise theyll be shooting themselves in the foot. Not sure if the US will see launch in 06, I would think so, but not sure.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »

i personally think it will be on shelves for x-mas in japan, and make it to the US/Euroupe in Q1 06. i would be shocked if there was no blueray/no wireless controllers (though i wouldn't be shocked if it supported wired and wireless like the 360 except coming with a wired controller), and i wouldn't be too surprised if it came without a harddrive, and then had an addon harddrive for sony and their 3rd party developers to not support (much like the ps2 harddrive tongue.gif)

mdfirefighter

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Feb 23 2006, 11:54 AM) View Post

I think theyll definately release it during the holiday season. Finished or not, I would guess thats a heavy duty deadline to be met. Other wise theyll be shooting themselves in the foot. Not sure if the US will see launch in 06, I would think so, but not sure.

I agree with this all the way. And I would also like to add that IF they release before christmas in the US and they don't have the numbers of units needed to meet demands there is going to be an uproar by all the people who don't want to comp out again. That shot MS in the foot and it will be even worse for Sony. I seem to remember being laughed and yelled at for camping out for a 360 on the second release just before christmas. I would rather they don't release before christmas and make enough of the things to keep the kids from whining again.

MDFF
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6