xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: You Already Own A 360 And You Can Buy 1 Other Console  (Read 1684 times)

JoBlo69

• Archived User
You Already Own A 360 And You Can Buy 1 Other Console
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Jan 20 2006, 01:00 PM) View Post

I would never buy a playstation. I am loyal to MS, not that its a big thing to me, and i just hate the ps cos its so japanese, all the games are just crap. I havn't played any, but from what i have played, i just don't like em.

ok.... how can you play somthing that you have never played??

Roupus

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »

I would have to go with the PS3 just because of Blue-ray capabilities.  As of right now i am enjoying many of Nintendos titles on my xbox.  I dont need the Revolution for Nintendo games.

wiseguy109

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »

I am definitely going to get a Revolution. Nintendo has put themselves in an excellent position for the number two spot as it has some truly unique features that niether the PS3 or 360 has.

DarkSky Forever

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 02:49:00 AM »

Ninten'doh!

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 04:36:00 AM »

Revolution for me... there are too many great first party Nintendo games to pass up.

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 05:52:00 AM »

I voted for the nin rev
Due to having kids it would be a console for them to play on so it has to be the rev..
They love there cube with all the playable kids games
allthough they do like kameo on 360 and the FN3 demo they not much else they like
so it would have to be rev.
And im sorta looking forward to the rev my self too more then the ps3 anyways...

kwickone

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

GT5???

Forza Motorsport 2 anybody?

Gran Turismo has like 4+ years on Forza and yet Forza is still the better simulator.

sukieaki769

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »

Definitely PS3. I don't have a PSX or PS2 so that way the larges possible amount of games are possible. Plus, Nintendo might have more exclusives, but they are usually kiddy games like a 17th mario party. Also, the controller makes no sense! I saw someone say they would buy a revolution because of the "innovation" but all of the games he listed are remakes/sequels of games that have existed for several years.

quarky42

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

For those of you wanting to buy the PS3 because of the blueray disc feature really should stop and think about what you are doing.  Do you not remember the PS2 problems with DVDs and burning out the drive/laser with the first couple revisions of PS2?

Perhaps you didn't realize that any drive incorporated with any video game machine is *probably* not going to live up to the same quality and price as a standalone player even a year later?  Wait a year for blueray or hd-dvd and then buy a dedicated player.  By then they will have come down in price significantly and you'll actually be buying a player that won't die 6 months or a year down the road and need to be replaced.

Same thing goes for MicroShaft's HD-DVD drive...  unless they really come out with a quality product I expect you'll see more features on a retail box that costs just a little more than the proprietary drive.  Proprietary upgrades are not known for being cheap.

Don't get caught up in the Hype.  Maybe Sony won't release another crappy quality product like the PS2 was initially... I wouldn't hold my breath.  If you want a PS3 wait at least 6 months for it unless you like gambling with $500+ and seeing it die in your living room in the middle of your favorite game just before you saved.

I figured out why the PS2 was so popular even though it kept breaking and people kept buying it, like someone else pointed out....  I think Sony has implanted a rootkit directly into people's brains that hasn't been found/spotted yet via subliminal messaging on the Sony Rootkit protected music discs.  How do you all know that the PS3 will have as many games as the PS2 did?  

That's why I wasn't infected:  I don't listen to my music cds from the cd...I rip them, compress them, and listen to them when/where/how I want to listen to them.  GoGo Gadget-Lame Codec!

Kamakazie

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »

Definitely the Revolution.

Cabbages

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »

I have to agree, Forza is a better simulator than GT.

The drive in the PS3 may turn out to be faulty. But im just not excited about the Revolution that much. I need to see more. See more about the controller and what games will be on it. If theres a good metroid or zelda game, I will eventually buy it.

"I think Sony has implanted a rootkit directly into people's brains that hasn't been found/spotted yet via subliminal messaging on the Sony Rootkit protected music discs."

Me niether. I have never bought a CD in my life. I just download what I need (which isnt that much at all).

But seriously, how did the PS2 do so good? It confuses me. I mostly end up blaming it on all the anime (a bunch of stupid cartoons) and Final Fantasy fans. If it werent for MGS 3 being totally exclusive to it, I wouldnt even consider waiting for it to drop even more in price. $100 for a PS2? Even thats too much.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

i vote for Revolution. it will prob be 1/2 the price of the ps3. i really like the idea of the controller. i know what 360 has to offer and what the ps3 has to offer. im excited for the Revolution just cuz i dont know what its going to bring to the table.

mikey2stupid

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »

revolution all the way..i"ll  buy a stand alone blue ray dvd player later

kryo

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »

I actually don't have a 360 yet, and probably won't be getting one until they get their hardware really working (moving to smaller fabrication lines) but Revolution is something I'll probably buy the moment it's out. Why? Just look at it ... must be the single prettiest console ever! Then there's of course the issue of revolutionizing videogames as we know them. Time only knows if the promise holds true, though.

PS3 doesn't interest games-wise one bit (Killzone as a brand has about as much appeal as Deer Hunter to me... And no, Deer Hunter does NOT appeal:) , but it might be useful as a blueray-player, and of course the hardware IS quite interesting.

I wish someone would come up with cross-compatible gamepads, meaning you could use the same wireless controllers in both 360 and PS3. I would pay double for that, just for not having a zillion different pads hanging around...

Scott123

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »

Nintendo is in my opinion the best company out there in the gaming world, as a kid my life revolved around the N64 and now they come out with the Nintendo Revolution? Its definatley better then a sony ps3 which will be priced over 1K because of a expensive dvd player it uses and burns out after 500 hours of use. Nintendo will have a better line up of games. SOny shouls stick to Televisons because Nintendo gets my vote!!!

P.S On 23rd vote NDP a vote for them is a vote for a better future.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7