xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Do You Have An Xbox 360 And Is It Working Fine?  (Read 2181 times)

CattyKid

• Archived User
Do You Have An Xbox 360 And Is It Working Fine?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »

Mine's sweet!  I love it, but it gets awefully hot.
It's even modded.  I can hook up a USB Thumb Drive and play MP3s on it!

xfool2004

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

I've no complaints over here...except that I have a core system and nobody has the HD available, so no emulation 4 me...yet.

Been playing Kameo and Tiger for hours without problems.

System is hooked up to a projector and becuase its a core, the ctrlr cable isnt long enough and so the system is just sitting horizontally on the floor getting plenty of ventalation.

Sounds and feels like a hair dryer if u stand behind it though.

loving it, cant wait for doa4!

ridinlow6969

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »

got mine at launch,well i had to pay someone to stay in line and get it for me since i was an employee and we couldnt buy them if we were working. :evil:

also i recieved word that MS will be sending out more 360 consoles before the holidays are over  :beer:

This post has been edited by ridinlow6969: Nov 25 2005, 02:42 AM

nateh90

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

Love it, havent experienced any artifacts in COD2 playing sys link 5 hours strait. - Nate

Cappi

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »

i preordered mine over 6 months ago and it was still on the second shipment which has now turned into the 4th shippment because the stupid gamestop by my house only gets 10 per week. I WILL BE SO PISSED IF I DONT GET IT IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr:

nope2dope

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »

Personally, I think they should of waited to launch the 360 til next year... WAY to many incidents with problems. the 360 is shit right now... were gonna have 6 more versions till they start making another consoler in 5 years. My four xbox's are working better than those things. I think the smashmyxbox site is very promotional, very thoughtful, and it was indeed needed. I couldnt think of a better use for a 360.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

I know you can't use an internet poll as scientific fact, especially with so few answers logged in yet, but right now 26% have one workig fine, and 6.5% have one that has tech problems, which means 20% of the people that have an XBox360, and have visited this site since purchase, have problems with their system. If this is true, then that's a RIDICULOUSLY high number of problem systems, if it pans out this way for the full install base.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »

Works 100%...loving it.....

JeffPinkston

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

Mine worked for three minutes before 'freezing to death'.  Hasn't turned on since.  Sending it in to MS for repair.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »

i dont feel the need to buy one
maybe in a year or so i might consider buying one

This post has been edited by _GhOsT_: Nov 25 2005, 08:45 AM

HaloNIN

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 01:14:00 AM »

I would like to add a new button to the votes, "Baught 2 Xbox 360's and neither of them work"

I spent 20 hours camped out at best buy to ensure that i got my xbox 360.  I got the premium, took it home, opened it, pluged it in, played call of cuty for 30 seconds only to have a blakc screen of death pop up saying ERROR 71.
I stayed calm, talked to support, didnt get much help ebsided them sending me an empty box, and decided to take it back to best buy to see if they could help.  They happend to have an extra xbox so they exchanged it and i took it home thinking it was the best day of my life...
WRONG!
The second Xbox seemed to work fine.  I played call of duty 2 for about 30 minuts, then played some PGR3, but when i opened up the disk tray to put in a new game, the res lights started to flash...  
Do i even need to explain my frustration?  
Everyone that i talk to at xbox support, gamestop, etc say that they arent suprised at all.  I just want to play my XBOX!!!

If anyone has had similar problems or knows something that helps, or even something that causes these fragile systems to break so easily please let me know.  

Onetrack

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005, 02:09:00 AM »

Well I picked up mine early in the morning on the 22nd, its working like a champ since.
Not a single hickup, glitch or crash..

Got the full system with Kameo, NFS:MW, King Kong and COD2, the wife's glued to Bejewelled and Hexic..

YLA G

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ap0[41yp$3 @ Nov 25 2005, 01:26 AM) View Post

i cant find anymore...no one can tell me when they are getting a new shippment....bastards. i bet all the employees bought 'em...

6 now smile.gif

copex

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2005, 02:55:00 AM »

Xbox-Scene on BBC News - See the video link top of page

xbox 360 crashing story
http://news.bbc.co.u...gy/4466688.stm#

ryanburmeister

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 03:28:00 AM »

ahhhahaha f ur ugly stupid computer machines.  i'll buy one when they're 250 or whatever the price when the ps3 is out.  why buy one til they are easily moddable?  even if old versions are better to mod, they will be on ebay for cheap.  there's no losing in this game because there's no winning in buying one.  for now all you get is better graphics and the same game design as the original xbox.  there's nothing new, and pretty much almost no reason to buy.  think kids.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10