xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Have The Over Priced Xbox 360 Bundles ...  (Read 1561 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Have The Over Priced Xbox 360 Bundles ...
« on: September 22, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »

feel free to vote/discuss!

jherre6

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(XanTium @ Sep 23 2005, 06:22 AM)
feel free to vote/discuss!

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 11:52:00 PM »

I've been in the game a long time, $500 is still a lot, same as when a few others came out. I still got them because I'm a cronic, I have to have my games.

DivyX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 01:22:00 AM »

Little over 400 eur isn't bad at all imo. I think it's basicly very cheap, and money doesn't grow on trees in my garden since i'm unemployed. I was thinking about getting new computer or xbox360. I choose xbox360 because i have to face the fact that the thing i'm really paying in new computer is the fact that i can and want to be able play latest and upcoming games. Given x360's hardware i'm very pleased for the price tag it has.
I checked one Finnish gaming site that listed some games to cost 69,- Eur and couple was also 79,- eur. I'd say that is VERY expensive. Games should be much cheaper and I trust that the prices i saw ain't gonna be final. Only morrowind is worth 69,- if it has well over 100 gaming houers.

wadata04

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 02:22:00 AM »

I think that the prices are over-priced and I will be waiting longer for the price to come down.

eDeus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 03:24:00 AM »

smile.gif

JUANVAN

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 06:41:00 AM »

I would have to agree - that by making the prem. package the Only one in Japan and Cheaper is B.S. - But they know we are going to be getting them like crazy till the xmass season, and we are more then willing to pay the price, while in J.P. they are trying to win the market still and get more in the houses.

Also Just offering the one with the HD would have been Great..
350 for the Core system + a HD
400 Prem..
Or just get rid of the Core all together, would have made the game developers much happier too...
But I am sure there will be some games that have something on the back that they require the HD...

thatÂ’s my .02c

btw M$ Is only doing all this b/c the Evil Empire CAN!!

rainfever

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »

I voted No, simply because i do not plan to pre-order, and i just want to walk into wal-mart or where ever and pick up my single xbox 360 Platinum...all on its lonesome

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »

i think all those huge super bundles gamestop is selling is really funny, its not even any kind of bundled value, the price of th ebundle is just retail for each peice added up, you cna buy it all over the course of 3 months and pay the same, probably less as sure some of those games will flop and the price will drop quickly

...although i still find myself eyeballing the 700 dollar pack just becuase its what i would probably buy within the first few weeks anyway

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

The $400 tag is fine.  The bundles are a joke.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

I'm having a real hard time buying into the hype on this next-gen release.  Granted the graphics are going to be much better, but the price of games going up, and paying $100 for a 40gb HD is just silly.  The system is priced well, but the accessories are way too much.

Especially the $100 for the wireless adapter!  My PSP has wireless and the entirew system was only $250

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

only condition ill get xbox 360 is if i get 200 bucks for my extra softmodded xbox... then its justified... but in all honesty... i dont think its going to be that great... i mean... there are only half a dozen or so good games for xbox 1, single player that is... and another half dozen good live games... which is fine for $150 system... but xbox 360 has yet to super impress me, at least enough to warrant a 400 dollar purchase... with tax and a game... $500... lot of cash.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »

I think I'll just go to Costco and get whatever bundle THEY end up with... they usually charge like 75 bucks more and throw in an extra game and controller.  I'd be content with that.

Brouhaha

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »

That horsepower BS has really started to annoy me.  Basically, we can chose from many overpriced bundles, all which offer nothing more than better graphics over current gen.

My current Xbox will remain in the living room for a few more years (thanks to XBMC, not gaming), with a revolution at it's side in due time...

pookiepoo

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

laugh.gif

wait a little bit and it drops down in price...

wait a little bit longer it drops down in price dramatically, some one has found a way to mod it so it can be used to its full potential.

even if it cant be modded all the console vetrans should know it always drops down in price rotfl.gif

there should be a standard package which is at a reasonable price not a price your gonna feel pissed about payin a couple of months down the line.

ive been around consoles my whole life first one nes and im 19 so i am a fully pledged player but i dont believe that i should be conned out of money to do something i enjoy. and ms is a blatent con.

but they do make a wicked console though cool.gif  beerchug.gif

great graphics, excellent online gaming and they are very inventive (soundtracks)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4