xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: News Not Being Updated Anymore?  (Read 834 times)

ampedXR

• Recovered User
News Not Being Updated Anymore?
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »

I've been checking xbox-scene.com a couple times a week for years now, but we haven't seen any updates since early November (over a month). Anyone know if the site is still being updated?

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »

Staff is still here. The site's admin/owner has been busy, so he's delegated duties to others. I am unaware of what's currently causing the lack of news postings. Rest assured, however, that the site has not been forgotten.

elgarlic

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »

Thanks for the update, Aldanga. Good to know x-s isn't just going out with a whimper. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Pete T

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »

is your forum software going be updated as very outdated.

chinmi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »

not only news, the tutorial link on the front page is never been updated since ages....

xflbret

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »

Aside from a mod or two that needed work on their people skills, this used to be (in my opinion) one of the best things on the internet. I have three Xbox 1's in service in my home as I type this, and you can have them when you pry them from my cold dead hand. This site is the reason why. I credit the community on this site for teaching me what I know about modding and opening up to me all the wonderful things an Xbox 1 is capable of. Though I didn't get every question I posted answered, many of them were.

My point...this site used to be a very good thing, and there's no reason why it can't continue being such.

I think it was the fall of '11, there was a long lapse in news posts. A few folks naturally wondered why and posted asking same, and unfortunately they were scolded for asking by the aforementioned mods and their threads were unnecessarily locked. Anyway, after that lapse, news started being posted for a while, but here we are in another lapse again...

I know things happen, real life gets in the way, people get hit by buses, whatever. I don't know who owns or runs this site, but I would like this person (or people) to understand that this community is bigger than just them, and it is selfish of this person (or people) to hang on to this thing that they obviously can no longer manage (for whatever reason).

If the person (or people) who own/run this site are no longer willing or able to manage it, then it is time for them to hand over the keys to someone who will/can.

kibito87

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »

This site is sad and pathetic. I used to LOVE coming here and reading all kinds of stuff on the front page. I don't have time to sift through all the forums to find things but each time I visit the site, i don't expect anything anymore. I just like the person above me used to visit all the time. Always excited to see what was going on with the front page news. It looks like whomever the front page news was delegated to, was not a proper choice. I hope this changes soon because i've lost faith in this site...

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »

It's not about us or any mods or what not.  It's about the landlord... and our hands are tied.  All we can do is wait.  You can stick around, check back later or leave this free service at any anytime.