xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Boot Up Failure  (Read 142 times)

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
Boot Up Failure
« on: June 18, 2003, 02:02:00 AM »

it means no valid BIOS found. check your matrix is alligned (ie redo it) and check the chip is flashed correctly (ie reflash it)

ifantig

• Archived User
Boot Up Failure
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 03:18:00 AM »

There's another guy here a couple of threads away with the same problem.  Looks like it's an alignment issue with those Matrix chips.  Maybe a bad batch or maybe just a sign of the low reliability of solderless chips.

dewmonger

• Archived User
Boot Up Failure
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »

Thanks for the replies.  I see now that there is someone else who also has this problem as well, so I am not alone.  I was going to flash new BIOS on the chip anyways, but did not get a chance to get to it when this happened.  I've had the chip for a long time now, so it is not just a new batch that just came out.

I will try to realign the chip and hope that is the problem.  It did have the green light on when the power is on, so doesn't that mean that it is aligned properly?  I changed it to Mode 4, the flashable mode, as a test and the light flashes orange as it is supposed to.  Could this mean that the modchip itself is aligned properly, but somehow the BIOS got corrupted?

RinGz

• Archived User
Boot Up Failure
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 01:53:00 PM »

yeah, that's the most likely explanation.  you'll have to put it into the programmer to flash a new bios onto it.

dewmonger

• Archived User
Boot Up Failure
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

I took out the chip and reflashed the BIOS using the programmer and then reinstalled it.  It is working fine now.  The BIOS got corrupted somehow in transition to Mode 4.  Thanks for the help.