xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Harrison predicts major role for user-created content on PlayStation 3  (Read 495 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User

Harrison predicts major role for user-created content on PlayStation 3
Posted by XanTium | 15-11-2006 12:13 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

Sony Worldwide studios boss Phil Harrison has confirmed that allowing users to create their own content forms a major part of the company's strategy for PlayStation 3.

Speaking in an interview with Official PlayStation Magazine, excerpts of which have been published on Sony's "semi-official" ThreeSpeech blog, Harrison said, "The area that I'm most excited about at the moment is empowering user-created content. Embedding the user creation tools into the game application and opening it up to a cloud of users.

"I have to be really careful not to give the game away because we're keeping this secret, but don't think about it in terms of maps, think of it in terms of behaviours, environments, physics, rules... All the tools that you could want, but in a very consumer friendly way."

Read More: gamesindustry.biz

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

Maybe they're talking about the PS3 version of oblivion?

I read some where that it will run in 1080p on the PS3, but I'm not too sure about that - my 7800 gtx really starts to stutter when I'm fighting more than one enemy in the grass outside at 1920x1080.  Anyone know what res it'll run in?

Master666

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

I'll say 780p max or even 480p i don't think the PS3 could run such a game at that high resolution when not even $2000 pc's can unless it has crappy textures.

bilkons

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 03:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Master666 @ Dec 22 2006, 03:16 AM) View Post

I'll say 780p max or even 480p i don't think the PS3 could run such a game at that high resolution when not even $2000 pc's can unless it has crappy textures.

drop time