xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Yellow Dog, Does It Format To Screen?  (Read 754 times)

tsantsa

• Archived User
Yellow Dog, Does It Format To Screen?
« on: February 17, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »

I like to use the ps3 net browser but I don't like that you can't get it to display to the screen like a computer.

So, I'm looking to install yd, but I want to know if the OS fits to the screen, including firefox.  Also, I know that a cordless mouse and keyboard can be used with the ps3, but what about with YD?  Linux is sometimes goofy with drivers and whatnot for devices, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks.

newfie4ever

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »

Ok I am new to the ps3 world as I just bought one and waiting for it to arrive. But I have done a lot of reading on the issue of YDL and as far as I can see, when it is installed you can use a keyboard and mouse with it and it is just like using a computer. I think it comes with Firefox for web browsing also. From what a lot of people are saying the new YDl ver 6 (which is avail after 3 Mar for public download) is the one to install. Also I plan to use my just for Blu-ray movies and internet browsing. From what I have read the ps3 is considered to be a very powerful computer when used with YDL.

tsantsa

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »

I plan to use my ps3 almost the same way. Movies mainly, but then I read about the YDL thing and browsing.  I like that since the wife usually has control of the laptop! I might play a game if a good one comes out but I hate ps controllers. the analog sticks are just in an unnatural location.

I can't believe YDL 6 hasn't been leaked yet.  I'm impatient.

tsantsa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »

leaked, check out the usual suspects.

bilkons

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 03:02:00 AM »

dry.gif

pridek96

• Archived User