xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Ois Largest Hdd You Can Put In?  (Read 196 times)

Mysoundhurts

• Archived User
What Ois Largest Hdd You Can Put In?
« on: March 01, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

I want to upgrade my hdd to beyond the standerd 60gb and was wondering what is the largest one that fits? I know they have the 300gb slim and i was gonna buy that but i want to  know if anyone else has put in anything larger than 120gb? thanks for any and all feedback. now if only they could get that paradox out....

Lice_01

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mysoundhurts @ Mar 1 2007, 12:04 PM) View Post

I want to upgrade my hdd to beyond the standerd 60gb and was wondering what is the largest one that fits? I know they have the 300gb slim and i was gonna buy that but i want to  know if anyone else has put in anything larger than 120gb? thanks for any and all feedback. now if only they could get that paradox out....

Team Xecuter Has used a 750 GB HD in the PS3 with a hard drive extender they are coming out with that will let you use a 3.5" Sata/IDE Hard drive, So you have nothing to worry about. As you know 2.5" Hard drive are a little behind on storage compared to 3.5" (naturally) So by using Team Xecuter's HDXT (Hard Drive Xtender) You can use bigger drives.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »

What he said ^ but keep your 60GB drive incase you ever take your PS3 to a friends house or sell it. You also need the original drive for warranty validity.

Mysoundhurts

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »

cool thanx for info just ordered my 300gb

icemantaz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 05:07:00 AM »

300gb 2.5" hd? where are they available from?