xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installed Yellow Dog On Ps3 But No Internet  (Read 151 times)

Bakealo

• Archived User
Installed Yellow Dog On Ps3 But No Internet
« on: December 10, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

I just installed Yellow dog on my 60gb ps3 but when I open up mozilla and tries to browse it just says page not found.  Im currently using WiFi but I havent tried using a directly cat 5 connection yet.  Id rather use Wifi than cat 5 connection.  Does anyone have this similiar problem? and is there a way to fix this so I can browse the internet with Wifi on Yellow dog?

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bakealo @ Dec 10 2006, 07:25 PM) View Post
I just installed Yellow dog on my 60gb ps3 but when I open up mozilla and tries to browse it just says page not found.  Im currently using WiFi but I havent tried using a directly cat 5 connection yet.  Id rather use Wifi than cat 5 connection.  Does anyone have this similiar problem? and is there a way to fix this so I can browse the internet with Wifi on Yellow dog?

I don't know much about how Linux works, but did you configure your internet connection first?  Linux won't retain the internet connection settings from the game partition.

Bakealo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

yea that's what Im having problems with, I dont know how to configure the wireless internet with linux.  Anyone know how to do it?

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

You might be able to find the answer here.  It looks like you have to register to get in.

Let us know if you find anything, as I'll probably be installing YDL 5.0 in a few weeks.

What partition option did you choose?

Bakealo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

I chose 10gb to YD and rest to ps3.  I figured using YD as a web browser mainly and Ps3 OS for entertainment basis.  IMO YD is too slow for anything else.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

yea I even put in a 160GB HDD but still only allocated 10GB to YD as I don't see it being too useful as crippled as it is.  Just good to have full web browser and couple other utils on my big family room tv now.

skarekr0

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 01:32:00 AM »

unfortunantly, as far as I know, at this point, YDL does not support the wifi feature on the ps3, therefore you must use a wired connection to access your network (and net) from the ps3.

The_Hushed_Casket

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »

Is YDL really that slow?  Is Fedora Core 5 faster?  I'm wondering if it is even worth installing until it's improved.

EDIT:  Wow, from this video it seems really fast.

This post has been edited by The_Hushed_Casket: Dec 30 2006, 03:30 AM