xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ps3 Out Of Box What We Want Modded Xbox360 To Do?  (Read 1457 times)

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Ps3 Out Of Box What We Want Modded Xbox360 To Do?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Nov 4 2006, 06:11 AM) View Post

Kage360 so when/if the 360 will be modable to run anything you want you won't do it since that breaks the "I only want a games system to game on" ?

its not like modding your xbox 360 will limit your function to play games, in fact it will increase the functionality for playing games (emulators, games saved to the harddrive, etc.) Thats why nintendo's virtual console has never appealed to me since you can get an emulator that does the same thing and is free.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

its not like modding your xbox 360 will limit your function to play games

yea its not like theyre gonna ban you from live or anything rolleyes.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »

His issue is, Sony lies to you and says it's console will not only get you from point A to point B. It does it faster, it does it better, and it get you hotter chicks.

He is trying to get people to stop believing the hype and realize a jack of all trades is the master of none, and you get more bang for your buck with either the 360 or a Wii, or a legitimate computer.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

Anytime you have those extra features you are taking away system resources that could potentially be used for gaming. As far as the web browser goes, it probably doesn't take up many resources by itself but added together with all of the other little additions, they all could take away a decent sized chunk.

It just seems extraneous to me to include a web browser. People that buy a new PS3 and a HDTV that supports 1080p and a stereo that supports whatever new audio technology of the day are the same exact people that own a top of the line computers. They do not need a web browser on their game console.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

That is where you have to make a decision. The PS3 might be a better choice for you. You seem like you would value the versatility over the games. If you come to that conclusion through education then you will be happy. All of the people that were fooled by Sony will not be as happy as you. The "gaming" experience will be about the same on both systems. Is the versatility worth the extra $200?

Also, from what I have read, all 3 will be nearly the same on SDTV. Wii would be the best choice in that regard, from a purely gaming viewpoint. Assuming the particular games you want to play are available for all 3 consoles.

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

Maybe I'll never understand this but I have to ask WHY?

Whats the point of being able to do all this stuff on the PS3?  It all seems like a bunch of commodities to me.  I mean sure, when I first learned about the features for the 360 I was like, Damn, this is gonna be awesome.  Guess what, all I do is play games on it.  Seems right though, considering it is a gaming console.  Sure, its connected to the internet, but why do you need a browser?  Starting to sound more and more like a PC than a gaming console......but I guess thats what I don't get....

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 5 2006, 03:30 PM) View Post

The question you ask "Is the versatility worth the extra $200?" or $100 is a good question to ask.

Unequivocally NO.  Only exclusive games would merit the extra $200-100, but not other half-ass things that have very little to do with gaming; i have a pc that covers that. wink.gif  A console needs to do one thing, and do that one thing VERY well...and that is games, of course.  The 360 only has 15+MB not usable for games, while the ps3 has 96MB that is unusable for games.  I would rather have those extra 80MB go toward games rather then convoluted crap that does very little to enhance my gaming experience.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 5 2006, 05:23 PM) View Post

Fixed it for you.  Did anybody ever clarfy if the 96MB was still used by the OS while gaming.

http://forums.xbox-s...o...0103&st=45#

To the other guys:
But we get it.  Sony has not fooled you guys at all, you know better and will not be purchasing a PS3.  Congrats for seeing throught the deceit and lies.  You buy a game console to game on, a stand alone player for HD movies, and a PC to surf the internet.  We get it, we go it the second and 3rd time it was posted.  So with that said can you stop repeating it like a mantra in the PS3 section.  You think the PS3 is an overpriced piece that will not offer any increased level of gaming for a high price.

Would it be foolish to actually think by saying the above some of you will actually move along or post new topics?  Maybe we can make a sticky; "Why XYZ features don't warrant the extra $100-$200 for XYZ members".  So everyone will know where you stand.

In case anybody forgot the topic of this thread was:
"Ps3 Out Of Box What We Want Modded Xbox360 To Do?, yes."  Not, "please come here and tells us why you don't like the features the PS3 has".  Most of the threads on the PS3 boil down to the same general idea with same people saying the same things.

Considering it was my post, 'for me' was implied.

You brought up the price issue, and i thereby replied.  So chillout and take that finger your pointing, turn it around and point it at yourself.

We know that you prefer sony's systems, so there is no need to get all huff and puff about it.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 5 2006, 09:06 PM) View Post
My point is well all know where you guys stand.  Just because a thread gets started on PS3 features doesn't mean people have to go through the list pointing out things that you don't like or don't want.

That is the title of this thread.

$200 is correct is terms of gaming. If you want extra features you have to pick which ones. With some configurations the Xbox360 can be more expensive to be equal to PS3. Assuming you believe HD-DVD to be equal to BluRay. Which I don't, all reviews say HD-DVD is better quality.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 5 2006, 07:06 PM) View Post

It wasn't just at you, there are others I was directing that post too, hence "to others".  I didn't bring up the price issue I merely corrected from Throwingks it as everbody keeps saying $200, when it is $100-200 depending on model.

So point the finger at myself?  Hmm....do I go about the 360 forums and make post about how the 360 isn't a good system because of XYZ and how it's not the console for me?  No, it's waste of time to do so and quite silly and in all honesty not true because I do like the 360.  How about the Wii?  Again why waste time bad mouthing something?  Nor does anybody really care what I look for in a game system and why I think asystem is good or bad.

What I prefer is for the same topics to not get rehashed in every post.  Topic: PS3 has this/can do this/etc, who care it sucks/BS hype/Stupid feature and doesn't justify the price, wash, rinse, repeat.

My point is well all know where you guys stand.  Just because a thread gets started on PS3 features doesn't mean people have to go through the list pointing out things that you don't like or don't want.

Wait is was my fault I left out a crucial word

It's all good though we are in an Xbox forum so I can't say its not expected.

You make a big deal when anything not in the ps3's favor is brought up, and seem to think it is your responsibility to defend it.  Why?  Who cares?  Take it easy and be happy with your future ps3, and try not to get so flustered when your baby is cast in an unforgiving light.

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »

I think it's going to be a long long time before there is a better media center player than XBMC. I sure hope we'll get it on the 360 one day. The xbox homebrew community is nothing short of spectacular. Playstation has to inspire some creative individuals and teams. I wonder if Yellow Dog will do that, i still have my doubts.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 07:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 5 2006, 07:39 PM) View Post

not much to say to that....except do you feel it is your responsiblity to tell everybody on XS why you won't own a PS3? wink.gif.  I guess I make a big deal when subjective arguments are brought up over and over in various threads.  You guys would think I want to own, or already own, a Mazda Speed 3 from the way I defended it over at NASIOC wink.gif, but I don't.  

Like I said you guys should have a sticky at the top of this forum to keep all of those post.

You asked a question and i replied, ffs.  That is the only time i have typed anything on that subject.

You sony zeliots need to take your riddlen, take a deep breath and chill.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(dvsone @ Nov 5 2006, 11:21 PM) View Post

I think it's going to be a long long time before there is a better media center player than XBMC. I sure hope we'll get it on the 360 one day. The xbox homebrew community is nothing short of spectacular. Playstation has to inspire some creative individuals and teams. I wonder if Yellow Dog will do that, i still have my doubts.
There are a lot of Media Centers that are better than XBMC. Take a look at MythTV. It runs on Linux, so maybe it will be able to run on the PS3. http://www.mythtv.org/

Kurd

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Nov 6 2006, 03:17 AM) View Post

Which I don't, all reviews say HD-DVD is better quality.

Nope.
HD-DVD isnt useable for Games.
BluRay is useable for Games.
Thats the point.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kurd @ Nov 6 2006, 04:56 PM) View Post

Nope.
HD-DVD isnt useable for Games.
BluRay is useable for Games.
Thats the point.

BluRay is NOT used for games. DVD9 is all you need this gen. The point is Sony invented BluRay and wants you to believe you need BluRay so they make more money. Read through this forum a bit more, you'll see.
Pages: 1 [2] 3