xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mkv To Ps3 Toolz  (Read 902 times)

THREE_Consoles

• Archived User
Mkv To Ps3 Toolz
« on: January 10, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »

The last days ive played a littel bit with HD movies on my PS3 and through a other member on this site i found some nice Toolz to convert your mkv´s to vob´s or to use a passtrough command but look for your self:

http://forum.doom9.o...ad.php?t=131782

THREE_Consoles

• Archived User
Mkv To Ps3 Toolz
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »

OK ive played around with some .mkv´s with Codec AVC1/AAC (A_AAC) and mkv2vob will give me the error message unsupported Audio Codec A_AAC.AutoMen with the passtrough command will aslo not work.Ill get a -/AAC and a file over 4GB.At last i played with GOTSent0.23b and hase get a file with AVC1/- with size under 4GB.
I only have installed the CCCP with disabled ffmpeg and the AC3Filter and the tversity codec pack.Ive read a lot and the tools seems to be very buggy to this time.

update:
there is a new version of AutoMen Tool the v4.1 now i will try this.

Boobers

• Archived User
Mkv To Ps3 Toolz
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 05:22:00 AM »

I used Red Kawa's PS3 Video 9 program that converts pretty much any video file into a PS3 mp4.  It took me about 4.5 hours to convert a 4.7G Blu Ray video (.mkv) to PS3 (.mp4) .

I then used an external USB drive to copy the movie directly to my PS3..

You can get it here..

http://www.redkawa.c...nload/index.php

It's pretty easy to use..

B

DarkClown12

• Archived User
Mkv To Ps3 Toolz
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »

Thanks for the post on this. Glad they figured something out on ps3. Great News.

Dan7712

• Archived User
Mkv To Ps3 Toolz
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 06:31:00 AM »

Why do you even bother to convert it to MP4?

I just convert my MKV's on the fly using PS3 Media Server. Works a treat. You will need to install all the Codec's it wants though.

EDIT - Opps, just checked the date... I will leave it here as it maybe useful to someone.

This post has been edited by Dan7712: Jan 1 2010, 02:32 PM

meffle

• Archived User
Mkv To Ps3 Toolz
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »

Well let's take it a step further and introduce the idea of using MKV2VOB.

I use that on ALL my HD content, takes a couple of minutes and its done forever. Transcoding usually not necessary.

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
Mkv To Ps3 Toolz
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »

+1 for mkv2vob. it will play most(almost ALL) hd movies without transcoding. all it does it mux the mkv files and makes it perfectly playable on ps3 with ac3 or dts audio. muxing process is very fast too.