xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To: H.264 + Ac3 Audio To Ps3 With Seeking  (Read 841 times)

Breakthrough

• Archived User
How To: H.264 + Ac3 Audio To Ps3 With Seeking
« on: January 31, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »

I originally posted this on the official Playstation Forums here, and haven't been on this site in FOREVER (after going through three different usernames  tongue.gif ).  I do often browse to PS3 Scene though, and figured the few people on the forums here might like this little guide.

Currently, there's a few guides on converting MKV's to VOB's to play them back on the PS3.  The problem with this?  Seeking doesn't quite work properly.  Seek too far and the video becomes choppy and unsynchronized.  Stop and continue playback, same thing.  I finally found a way to fix that.

The guide is pretty straight forward, and all of the tools used are free.  The result is a PS3-compatible M2TS file that you can seek through just fine, stop playing, and continue playing from any point in the video.  Note that if you do not have an AC3 audio stream, it is necessary to convert the stream (using BeSweet/BeLite) to AC3 audio (DTS and AAC do not work, I am unsure if MP3 and WAV work - I am still testing this).  If you already have your source .h264 and .AC3 files, you can skip to step two.

Now, for the process!

Step 1:  You'll first need to download mkvtoolnix and MKVExtractGUI.  After getting mkvtoolnix, place the MKVExtractGUI files in the same folder, and fire up MKVExtractGUI.  From there, you can drag and drop your MKV file into the GUI (or, in the input section, click the [...] and load the MKV).  Once it is loaded, in the content section, check off the AC3 audio and h264 video streams.  Set the extract location to a location of your choice, and hit [Extract].

Step 2:  Now that we have our elementary AC3 and h264 streams, it's time to make the h264 video stream compliant with the PS3.  This step is crucial; I have found, in the past, that even though an H264 stream is already at the 4.1 level, it still fails to play.  To process the stream, you'll need to download h264info (download h264info_alpha0018.zip).  After extracting the program, start it up.  You should notice that, by default, all options are blank/unchecked (besides "Write PPS every picture").  To start, under input file, click the [...] button and load in your elementary h264 video stream.  Set the output file to a DIFFERENT FILENAME (or it will be overwritten with a blank 4kb file).  The extension should be .h264 (or .264, I don't believe it matters).  In the box to the left of the text "Level (1 - 5.1)", type in "4.1", and hit start.  This process may take a while.

Step 3:  Finally, the last step.  Download tsMuxeR, extract it, and start the program.  Under input files, click [add].  First add your .h264 stream, and then add your .AC3 stream.  If you want more than one track, you can simply add it as well.  Set the output type to "M2TS muxing", hit [Browse] to set the output file name (extension is .m2ts), and hit [Start muxing] at the bottom.  This process is quite quick, and shouldn't take that long (a few minutes, depending on the bitrate of the streams).

That's it.  The output file, in .m2ts format, is playable on the PS3 directly from a DVD or a flash drive.  If you want to put it on the hard drive, copy it from a DVD/flash drive, or send it through Red Kawa's File Server.  In the end, you end up with a fully seekable video file!

Enjoy everyone.  smile.gif

joe1213

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 03:48:00 AM »

First try,first share.
If you are Mac users,try Best Mac DVD Creator Software, you will enjoy the convenience and high-speed.
Best DVD Ripper Software is an another wonderful software when you need rip  DVD.
Have a try you will like it.

almeidajack

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »

Yes, it works. But which is the maximum bitrate to wireless streaming medias? I have problems (sttutering mostly) when atry to stream 1080p/ 720p movies to my PS3.
Hardware:
Linksys WRT54G
Notebook HP core 2 duo 1,6GHz - 4 GB RAM DDR2 667MHz
PS3, of course.
Signal level ~ 80-90%
I suppose most users have a 56MBits router to streaming media to PS3 so a guide would be useful.
Greetings

gmfly119

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 01:32:00 AM »

Have a iPod? Do you want to put all your videos and DVD movies on your iPod or transfer the iPod movies and music to computer?
You must answer "YES but i cant, because the format..."!
But i CAN.
Because i use Aiseesoft DVD to iPod Suite. it is the requisite tool of a iPod user.
It includes a DVD to iPod Converter, a iPod Movie Converter and a iPod to Computer Transfer

(IMG:http://www.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-to-ipod-suite-new.jpg)

Kye Function:
1. Convert DVD to iPod MP4/H.264.

2. Convert all kinds of video to iPod MP4/H.264.

3. Transfer songs and videos on your iPod to your Computer.

4. Full support all popular video and audio formats.
Convert MPG, MPEG, MPEG2, VOB, MP4, M4V, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, MKV, TS, MPV, AVI, 3GP,3G2, FLV, MPV, MOD, TOD to iPod/iPhone MP4 Movies with high speed and excellent image/sound quality.
Convert MP3, MP2, AAC, AC3, WAV, MID, MIDI, WMA, M4A, RA, RAM to iPod M4A/AAC/MP3 audio files.
5. Supports all the MP4 video players and all sorts of iPod devices
Support iPod 1G, iPod 2G, iPod 3G, iPod 4G, iPod Classic, iPod mini, iPod nano 1, iPod nano 2, iPod nano 3, iPod nano 4, iPod shuffle 1, iPod shuffle 2, iPod shuffle 3, iPod Touch, iPod Touch 2, iPod Video, iPhone, iPhone (3G), etc.

6. Powerful video editing function: Trim, Crop, Effect, Snapshot, Merge into one fiel and choose auido track/sutitle.

For Mac user i recommend you Aiseesoft DVD to iPod Converter for Mac.

(IMG:http://www.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/dvd-to-ipod/mac.jpg)

jones34

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »

iPad Software Pack for Mac
iPad Software Pack for Mac is specially designed iPad software tools for Mac users. It contains all powerful iPad software: iPad Video Converter for Mac, DVD to iPad Converter for Mac, iPad Manager for Mac, and iPhone Ringtone Maker for Mac.

iPad Video Converter for Mac
iPad Video Converter for Mac is a professional Mac iPad Converter designed only for Mac users. The best iPad video converter for Mac can convert all the videos to iPod, iPhone and iPad video and audio formats.

DVD to iPad Converter for Mac
DVD to iPad Converter for Mac enables you to enjoy DVD movies on your iPad anywhere and anytime. It is the best DVD to iPad Converter Mac software designed for Mac users to rip DVD movies to iPad for Mac.

iPad Converter Suite for Mac
If you are a super iPad fan, iPad Converter Suite is definitely your best choice. This software pack integrates three useful software, including DVD to iPad Converter, iPad Video Converter,and iPad Transfer.

iPad Manager for Mac
iPad Manager for Mac is really an all-in-one tool for iPad users. This iPad Manager can both backup the audio, video, image files on iPad to Mac and import audio, video files or folders, photos to your iPad.

iPad to Mac Transfer
iPad to Mac Transfer is designed for Mac users to backup the files on your iPad/iPhone to the local disk of your Mac. This iPad to Mac Transfer can copy your selected video, audio and image files to your Mac immediately without any loss.

iPad ePub Transfer for Mac
This ePub to iPad Transfer can directly import the pop open book format-ePub on your local disk to iPad. It means that you can directly transfer ePub to iPad while you connect iPad to Mac and operate this transfer.

iPad Software Pack for Mac is specially designed iPad software tools for Mac users. It contains all powerful iPad software: iPad Video Converter for Mac, DVD to iPad Converter for Mac, iPad Manager for Mac, and iPhone Ringtone Maker for Mac.

It can help you convert any popular DVD/video/audio to iPad MPEG-4, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MOV, M4V video format and AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, M4A audio format. This powerful iPad Software Pack for Mac can both backup iPad videos/audios/pictures to Mac and import files from Mac to iPad. The iPhone Ringtone Maker for Mac can help you make your own iPhone ringtones.

Moreover, this iPad Software Pack for Mac provides you with powerful editing functions. It can serve as the video trimmer, cropper, merger and watermarker. Also you can adjust the video effect to get customized output video.

iPad Software Pack for Mac Key Features

Rip DVD to iPad on Mac - iPad Software Pack for Mac can help you convert any DVD file to iPad compatible format. Then you can enjoy the DVD movie on your iPad.

Convert video to iPad on Mac - With this iPad Software Pack for Mac, you can easily convert any popular video to iPad MPEG-4, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MOV, M4V video format and AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, M4A audio format.

Transfer files - iPad Manager for Mac can help you transfer videos/songs/images between iPad and Mac. Then you can easily share files with your friends, and should have no worry about file missing.

Make iPhone ringtone - You are able to convert any popular video and audio to iPhone M4R ringtones.

Convert one file to different output formats simultaneously - You can input the same source file for several times and set different output video formats for each. Then you can get several output videos with only one conversion.

More Info:
CODE
http://www.on-mac-os.com/ipad-tools/ipad-software-pack-for-mac/

(IMG:http://www.on-mac-os.com/ipad-tools/ipad-software-pack-for-mac/ipadpack.jpg)