xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cinedome  (Read 326 times)

Don_Queschotto

• Archived User
Cinedome
« on: December 18, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

morning,

at the first, sorry for my English Guy`s.

Now my reason why i write in this forum.

The newest Trend in Germany is called Cinedome. It`s a kind of streaming videos from the i-net onto your TV-Screen. Doing this with a blackbox called cinebox makes me thougth about an idea, may be that the PS3 will be able to take the stream onto my TV-Screen, too. The Situation is like, that my Dad want to see movies whenever he wants and the blackbox would make him able to do it. Now, by reason that i know the PS3 is able to run Linux thougth that it would be able to run the same Software needed to stream the movies from the ISP onto my TV-Screen.

Guys, I hope you understand and are able to help me solving this problem.

thx, bye

C o s m o

• Archived User
Cinedome
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »

GeKKoXP

• Archived User
Cinedome
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

He wants a software for the ps3 so he doesn't need a receiver to watch video on demand films. I don't think that there is going to be something like that for the ps3.

PS: Hast du schon ne PS3? Besuch mal den Link in meiner Sig.

parabolee

• Archived User
Cinedome
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Don_Queschotto @ Dec 18 2006, 09:02 PM) View Post

morning,

at the first, sorry for my English Guy`s.

Now my reason why i write in this forum.

The newest Trend in Germany is called Cinedome. It`s a kind of streaming videos from the i-net onto your TV-Screen. Doing this with a blackbox called cinebox makes me thougth about an idea, may be that the PS3 will be able to take the stream onto my TV-Screen, too. The Situation is like, that my Dad want to see movies whenever he wants and the blackbox would make him able to do it. Now, by reason that i know the PS3 is able to run Linux thougth that it would be able to run the same Software needed to stream the movies from the ISP onto my TV-Screen.

Guys, I hope you understand and are able to help me solving this problem.

thx, bye

Well is there a program for Linux that would achieve this? Is that what you are asking? Because if so then you should be able to install Linux and then run the program via Linux in the PS3. I believe that the PS3 running Linux will run almost anything a PC running Linux will.

But I may be wrong. I don't own a PS3 yet.