xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Psv Exporter  (Read 598 times)

gothi

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »

I've knocked up a utility to extract the contents of the PSV files created when you play a Playstation 2 game on a Playstation 3, you can grab it over at PS2 Save Tools

I've also released details of the file structure in hopes the community can come together, fully map the file and eventually figure out the digital signature signing process and key so we can rebuild and resign the file (ala Xbox 1 saves).

Uraiser

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 01:56:00 AM »

Great work, Im doing as much research as I can to findout how to convert without breaking the sig, but if there is no other way then recompiling, then we have no choice. It seems very logical, almost like it's right in front of us. Anyway, good work. Any help you need, lemme know.

gothi

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

Any of the unknowns you can identify in the data structures I listed would be gratefully received smile.gif

Uraiser

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(gothi @ Dec 3 2006, 10:53 AM) *

Any of the unknowns you can identify in the data structures I listed would be gratefully received (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sorry I haven't been on, Im off and on because of work =(. But im doing what I can.

gothi

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Uraiser @ Dec 14 2006, 07:55 AM) View Post

Sorry I haven't been on, Im off and on because of work =(. But im doing what I can.

There's only really one unknown left to be honest, I managed to figure out the rest but this one still elludes me.  There's an updated structure over at PS2 Save Tools

gothi

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »

I've added support for the extraction of PS1 saves to PSV exporter, you can grab the latest release over at PS2 Save Tools

GeKKoXP

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »

Umm what can you do with this thing?
Could you give me a conclusion what would be possible to do with this? Hack the PS3? biggrin.gif

gothi

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(gothi @ Nov 29 2006, 09:02 PM) View Post

I've knocked up a utility to extract the contents of the PSV files created when you play a Playstation 2 game on a Playstation 3

and in the update I added support for PS1 saves smile.gif

If you're not aware the PSV is a virtual save created when playing PS1 and PS2 games on a PS3.

GeKKoXP

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »

But you said that you could rebuild and resign the file (ala Xbox 1 saves). With those Xbox Saves you've been able to Softmod the Console. Would this be possible with the PS3? Of course after some development? biggrin.gif

gothi

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 05:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(GeKKoXP @ Jan 7 2007, 03:43 AM) View Post

But you said that you could rebuild and resign the file (ala Xbox 1 saves). With those Xbox Saves you've been able to Softmod the Console. Would this be possible with the PS3? Of course after some development? biggrin.gif

Doesn't the PS3 also utilise a Hypervisor system?  If so a buffer exploit via a save may not be possible

RuLaX

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

Hi, dou you have any psv files to examine?
Also, how did you get them? via linux+udf patch?

Thanks!

RuLaX

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(RuLaX @ Mar 25 2007, 03:45 PM) View Post

Hi, dou you have any psv files to examine?
Also, how did you get them? via linux+udf patch?

Thanks!

Ok i got them, you either have to save them on the ps3 with a psx/ps2 game or use the adapter to save the files.

Have you tried comparing the same save from the ps2 and the ps3? i mean, load tekken on ps2 and create a save and tranfer it to the pc on nport format (as i understand this is the more standard isn´t it?) and load the game on a ps3 a create the same save at the same point (so the data on them will be the same) on the virtual memory card and get it on your pc on psv format and compare them to check what is really changed on them.

Also did you tried the ps3 adaptor thing? could it be possible to use it like a dexplorer for psx or any of the usb adaptors from the ps2 (ARmax and XPORT, etc..)

Thanks for reading!!

EDIT: do you think it´s possible to get the entire virtual memory card from the HD by linux and restore it or copy it the the ps3 by usb?

gothi

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »

I don't have a PS3, all this work was done by simply looking at what PSV saves people were kind enough to send me.

There's no need to comare saves made on a PS2 with those made on the PS3, the native PS2 saves don't use a digital signature whilst the PS3 versions use one in the .psv container format.  This digital signature is the only thing stopping me from being able to create/edit .psv files.  This signature will be generated by the PS3 security features so until someone starts hacking the PS3 in earnest I won't be able to update my app sad.gif

Lucied

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »

I hate to bring up an old topic, but I was wondering if there had been any progress in this project in the past few months?

I came here hoping to find a game save converter, to convert PS1/2 saves (in various formats, like Dex Drive, Codebreaker, Max Drive, etc.) to the PSV format.

I know on other forums, people "convert" PS2 saves the hard way (copy to PS2 card, copy to PS3, copy back to computer).  And I'm just looking for an easier way, that also allows PS1 save conversion.

gothi

• Archived User
Psv Exporter
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

No progress as yet I'm afraid.  Any updates will be posted at PS2 Save tools smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2