xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Got My First Ps3 To Work On  (Read 91 times)

chatterx

• Archived User
Got My First Ps3 To Work On
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »

Hey guys, I have a PS3 80 gig model that was given to me by a buddy who thought he could fix things. I have not plugged the unit in to see if it powers up. But he told me that the bluray drive quit working and he tore up the board that is attached to the bluray drive. I have a few questions here

Can plug this up and power it on with the BluRay drive disconnected without harming the system?

Is the bluray drive married to the motherboard like the 360's setup? If yes, how do I go about getting the keys from this board and flashing to the replacement? Pics below (am I screwed LOL)

IPB Image

IPB Image

rzwx

• Archived User
Got My First Ps3 To Work On
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »

as i see it (got my ps3 a couple of weeks ago) you're not screwed but fixing this ain't gonna be easy ,there's a site here in holland that sells new driveboards and a little description is given to direct you to the nand chip on it ,for as far as i can see yours should be intact so you just have to replace the nand on th new driveboard with the one on your old driveboard ,isnt easy but isn't inpossible either. link to the site ----------------- http://www.console4f...ires-c-556.html ---------------------------