xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Connect To Net Or To Wireless Controllers  (Read 85 times)

Boobers

• Archived User
Can't Connect To Net Or To Wireless Controllers
« on: February 03, 2020, 08:19:00 AM »

I have searched enough to see that there seems to be a percentage of PS3 owners who have the same problem.  The problem being not able to connect to the NET via wireless or wired and not able to have wireless controllers connect to the main unit.

I haven't found much, though, on the cause or the fix for this problem.

One user suggested that it is a problem with the connection hardware upstream of the PS3... IE the user's router/modem settings..

This is not the case for me, as I have a PS3 that can get to the net just fine and two that can't.  This also would not explain why controllers can't connect.

Does anyone have any info that this might be caused by a firmware update from Sony.. I don't have the PS3s in front of me so I can't determine the firmware of each.  But I am hoping that it IS an update issue, as that should be easy to roll back..

Any hints would be most appreciated...

B

Stylok

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 11:38:00 AM »

I think that there is something wrong with the bluetooth or wireless dives on your PS3. There is some kind of hardware in your consule that supports wireless connection. I dont know if that is WIFI or a bleutooth.

Did you open up your console and if you have opened it up did you checked all cables are connected?

Boobers

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 12:15:00 PM »

Thanx for the reply.

The PS3s have been opened, and I am fairly certain that all the cables are connected..

The really wierd thing is that, when I designate a WIRED connection and run a test, it says "ETHERNET IS NOT CONNECTED"

Not only is the Ethernet connected, but the LED shows activity..

That's what leads me to believe this is a software/firmware error and not a hardware problem.

B

Boobers

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 03:34:00 AM »

Well, of the three PS3s I have, one is FW 2.60 and two are FW 2.80.

However, the one that works on the NET is FW 2.80.  Of the two that don't get on the NET and don't sync up the controllers, one is 2.60 and the other is 2.80.

So, I guess that eliminates the FirmWare as being the problem.

Back to the drawing board...

B

Boobers

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »

Well, I feel like a marroon!!   rolleyes.gif

One of the PS3s that wouldn't connect had a bad cellophane ribbon cable that connects the wireless daughterboard to the motherboard.  I should have checked that first.  Especially when a bad cellophane on a different connector was a problem.

Fixing that cellophane fixed the NET connection AND the controller connection problem on that PS3.

The other one that doesn't connect is proving to be more difficult.

The wierd thing is, on this one, I DO get a green LED on both the the PS3 NIC port and the router it's hooked up to.  An XBOX on that same router has absolutely no connection issues at all..

The NIC LED even rapidly blinks as if it's transmitting and receiving data..  But all tests say that the Ethernet is not connected..

B

EDIT:  Well, apparently my marroonicness knows no bounds..  The other PS3 also had a ribbon cable issue.  As in NOT plugged into the motherboard..   GRRRRR

Well, hopefully someone will benefit from my stupidity..

adrenaline_X

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »

LOL.. had the same problem after I fixed the YLOD on my board.. I knew it was the daughter board but many attempts failed, till i stood back, drank a bear and seated the cable into the MOBO propperly.

all is well.

Only the fan goes full out after the YLOD.. tis really annoying...