xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Overheats!  (Read 118 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Ps3 Overheats!
« on: February 05, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »

Your mate pinches it breaks it and you now want to blame some inherent fault one person mentioned on a forum or internet site somewhere, on Sony.
How about you get the cash from your friend to get it  fixed. If it worked before he pinched it , he damaged it.....how is that some fault with launch models?

dcc0011

• Archived User
Ps3 Overheats!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

Yes Chance, It may have been mistreated a little, not enough to do damage to the case, but mistreated just the same. The fact still remains if you search the internet for the same thing, on a  model that gives you a message telling you the system has overheated, these are release models. My PS3 has always had plenty of air. It has always been treated like it was made of glass. If I had not taken such good care of it this would have happened when it was still under warranty. Do you get where I'm coming from a little bit now?
    I hooked a "EAREKA" vac. to the back and it works fine. My fan barely turns so I would have to say it's the fan or whatever controlls the fan that has failed/broke. Within the next year I think the fan would have maybe died regardless. If your dog whacks the your ps3 with it's tail, it is a release model, and you have had it for more than a year. The same thing may happen to you!!

dcc0011

• Archived User
Ps3 Overheats!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 01:39:00 AM »

I need a to replace the fan. Does anyone know where to get one? Maybe somebody who liquid cools theirs may send me one? Someone has to install liquid cooling for people, If anyone knows let me know please!! I may rebuild the one that's in there. I don't want to do all that though. A replacement would be a godsend. I don't want another ps3 from playstation, I want mine back.

ametalheart

• Archived User
Ps3 Overheats!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »

cool.gif  i have seen a few original fans for the ps3 on ebay give that a try.

dcc0011

• Archived User
Ps3 Overheats!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 04:24:00 AM »

Tried it. Can't find this sucker anywhere. By the way, if you spin this one it makes the sound that everybody is complaining about. If I can find this fan I will buy a bunch and start a side buisness. The PS3 is not all that hard to take apart, the utube makes it look a lot harder than it actually was. Don't attempt though if you are not familiar with taking things like this apart. The hardest part is the ribbons. If you ever took apart a dvd player that had these it's just about the same. The dvd player I saw them in was more difficult though.  
      What did you search for to find it? PS3 and fan only brings up a bunch of aftermarket fans for me. OEM ps3 fans? original ps3 fan? I tryed searching everything by part # but no luck. Even the manufacturers site.