xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 JPN Questions  (Read 119 times)

cherbert

• Archived User
Ps3 JPN Questions
« on: June 10, 2007, 04:01:00 AM »

Hello there,

I am considering buying a 20gb Jap PS3 from ebay primarily as a Blu-Ray Player - I don't have much interest in the games.

I hope my understanding is correct in that the Jap machines will play North American Blu-Ray films?

And my main question is this - from an update point of view when I plug into my internet at home in the UK what firmware update will I receive and/or what other options are easily available to me for updating this machine?

Thank you.

jerryxia

• Archived User
Ps3 JPN Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »

I am a Chinese player,and I have a PS3 JPN 60GB. PS3 Jpn will download firmware update from Japan,it is not slow(But it is in China,in the UK,it may be very slow) ,but PS3 Jpn can play Blu-Ray Reigon A only,Blu-Ray in Europe is reigon B.And I found the Blu-Ray Reigon code unchangeable.

MartinC

• Archived User
Ps3 JPN Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(jerryxia @ Sep 2 2007, 02:38 AM) View Post

I am a Chinese player,and I have a PS3 JPN 60GB. PS3 Jpn will download firmware update from Japan,it is not slow(But it is in China,in the UK,it may be very slow) ,but PS3 Jpn can play Blu-Ray Reigon A only,Blu-Ray in Europe is reigon B.And I found the Blu-Ray Reigon code unchangeable.

QUOTE(Translation @ Sep 2 2007, 02:38 AM) View Post

I am Chinese and own a PS3 JPN 60GB.

PS3 JPN will download firmware updates from a Japanese server, I didn't find the server to be slow however I am located in China you may find the UK to be slower. The PS3 JPN allows region A Bluray videos to be played, Europe is region B & unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to change the region.

smile.gif