xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter PS3Hyperdrive News Update  (Read 215 times)

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Xecuter PS3Hyperdrive News Update
« on: January 11, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »

That is a pretty cool idea, big and bulky though adding lots of mass to an already huge machine. I wonder if you could connect it with a sata cable or something similar so it could be near the unit and not right next to it. I don't think both of those would fit on an standard av rack cliped together like that.

zequal

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »

yeah, its a cool idea. but i wouldn't design it like that, i also hope u can hook it up through a cable.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »

Is anyone else reminded of a bad piece of 80's technology?

Reminds me of an old tape recorder or even a Japanese Famicom.

The PS3 is already huge as hell and adding something that makes it what 30% bigger can't be a good idea.

IMO something that fit under the bottom of the console would have been not only a much better idea, but also made it able to fit into a standard a/v cabinet.

Team Xecuter made this product? Are we all sure it wasn't XCM?

sektor1062

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »

they have to much faith, they think that people have so much trust in their quality, that they'll ignore the rediculus price tag. anyone can make an hdd adapter, or even but one for $20 or less.

I have alot of trust for Xecuter but this is the first product they've announced that i truly feel is a waste of money, the blaster 360 maynot be worth it but this ps3 product is a true waste

Woore

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »

i think teamxecuter are going crazy

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

the overall ps3 size with the adapter surpasses the size of the segacd. this thing is ridiculous.

Exist2Resist

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »

LOL. I looked at the pic and was gonna post about the added bulkiness to an already humongous system. I guess other people had the same thought. But yeah it somewhat resembles a top loading VHS player.

mike96.. that pic isnt visible, can you link it.

darklocust

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

reminds me of a VHS rewinder (remember those)? anyways... theres no way around using a 3.5 HDD without it being separate from the unit, unless you internally mod the interior and case of the PS3 which would be a lot of work...

anyways its better than having ur HDD laying naked.

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »

wow that this is huge.

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

IMHHHHO it looks soooo awful, my Dads video from the 1980's looks cooler than the so called Hyper drive  sleeping.gif

supergrafx

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »

I personally love the design of the unit. Most of you guys are just bashing this because you are all pissed that teamxecuter is working now for the ps3, are you not? You all are going too far this time however. It is common sense that teamxecuter will read these forums, as this is the scene, and based on opinions expressed, such will have a great effect on the final system design and function. It has been long known that with a simple cable connection, you can attach a 3.5 hd, put it into an external case if you want, since alot of people have already done so, having simply gotten tired of waiting for this device to come out. What looks great about this device is that it looks as if the unit, being plugged into the side of the ps3 2.5 hd bay area, looks very secure unlike a slopply looking cable coming out the side of the system. If any of you guys are like me, you like your electronics looking pretty and sharp, not like a hack job. I hope it is relatively affordable as I am technical like you all and like to save money as well. However, the hard drive case add on is sharp looking, and makes the attachment look like part of the ps3, rather than that ridiculous 360 hd-dvd add on thingee. Those who actually own ps3s, and I know alot of you do, I apologize and appreciate your opinions on these forums. But just foolish xbox 360 fanboys who just like to bash sony and now teamxecuter, every chance you get, are retarded and just skew the facts.

supergrafx

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(shocwave @ Jan 11 2007, 05:54 PM) View Post

This reminds me of SegaCD...

Last night after posting the comment above, I went to the teamxecuter site and noticed to my astonishment, that these comments have indeed had an impact on the developement of the design of this attachment. What was to be the final design has been now scrapped as the teamxecuter developer edited his announcement on the 11th of this month, the day this comment was made, saying "it does look like a segacd attachment, LOL...." Are you all happy now? Even though I waited for the ps3 and am now supporting it, I never attacked the 360 for the hell of it, and actually support it in my heart more than the ps3 even now, due to being American/the Japanese market being a closed market since my infancy/and the country being an arrogant one at that (I lived there for a year, married a Japanese girl once, ect.., ect...long history). Once again, you've made me go Vader on you all.....and I will show no mercy this time.....