xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?  (Read 392 times)

ocdesi

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

Well, Sony has now had my PS3 for three business days and has not bothered sending me a new one. I called customer service a couple times and they were hardly helpful. One person told me it had already shipped last week and the other saying it had not shipped and couldn't tell me why. I went from impressed with their customer service to thinking... I should have just returned it to the store and tried to work out a deal with them to call me or something when new stock comes in. Either way I'm pissed. I was hoping to play a bit before I leave on vacation but at this rate who knows when I'll actually get a PS3. Should have just waited til after Christmas when all the hype was gone and I could easily exchange the console in store.

Tito2k6

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(ocdesi @ Dec 11 2006, 10:01 PM) View Post

Well, Sony has now had my PS3 for three business days and has not bothered sending me a new one. I called customer service a couple times and they were hardly helpful. One person told me it had already shipped last week and the other saying it had not shipped and couldn't tell me why. I went from impressed with their customer service to thinking... I should have just returned it to the store and tried to work out a deal with them to call me or something when new stock comes in. Either way I'm pissed. I was hoping to play a bit before I leave on vacation but at this rate who knows when I'll actually get a PS3. Should have just waited til after Christmas when all the hype was gone and I could easily exchange the console in store.

Wow!  That really sucks.  I guess I just got lucky.  I guess that since the avaliabilty has gotten better, they have seen less of a need to expidite things.  The way that they handled mine was simply breathtaking.  It sounds like you are going throught what MS did to me.  Anyway, good luck.  I'm sure it's on it's way.

spinr34

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

i've been thinking about the "lack" of ps3 problems and realized that we may not hear about a lot of the ps3 problems. i say this because for the most part the playstation "community" isn't much of an online community. they have their fanboys that troll forums and the few people like in this thread who actually are good people and own the machine smile.gif but outside of that, they don't have much of an online prescence. so i think a lot of problems with the ps3 will go unnoticed creating a misconception that they don't break.

BanditRW

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

Well,here's another one.....
Before I start let me just say I own 2 360's one of which is a Launch Day console and I've had ZERO problems with both.
Ok......I finally caved to the pressure and bought a PS3 at Circuit City on 12/8 ( may as well..I have the Wii so may as well complete the Trio),partially because I was shocked they actually had one on the shelf.Because of my work schedule it has sat in my game room until this morning,when after waking early before work I decided to unpack it and try it out before leaving for work.Turned it on and all I got was a garbled screen.Turned it off and back on again...same thing.So I did the "360" trick I've read about..removed the HDD powered on and back off...replaced the HDD and powered on again...still no video just a mess of colored lines.Since I didn't have time to dig out my HDMI cable I killed the power and decided to continue this after work.I arrived home this afternoon and powered it on and ....there it was... Video.Still have no idea why it wasn't working before.....so I go thru the setup and at the Username entry it locks up...no response...won't turn off....have to flip the switch in the back to kill the power.Try #2...once again at the Username entry...it freezes again.Same process..kill the power and reboot.Try # 3...this time at the Username entry I leave it at the default and the setup completes.I download the 1.30 Update and that's it.
So far it has not gotten off to a good start with my PS3 and I am really concerned about the Video and Lock-up problems thus far.......it aint looking good.... unsure.gif

Tito2k6

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(BanditRW @ Dec 12 2006, 02:07 PM) View Post

Well,here's another one.....
Before I start let me just say I own 2 360's one of which is a Launch Day console and I've had ZERO problems with both.
Ok......I finally caved to the pressure and bought a PS3 at Circuit City on 12/8 ( may as well..I have the Wii so may as well complete the Trio),partially because I was shocked they actually had one on the shelf.Because of my work schedule it has sat in my game room until this morning,when after waking early before work I decided to unpack it and try it out before leaving for work.Turned it on and all I got was a garbled screen.Turned it off and back on again...same thing.So I did the "360" trick I've read about..removed the HDD powered on and back off...replaced the HDD and powered on again...still no video just a mess of colored lines.Since I didn't have time to dig out my HDMI cable I killed the power and decided to continue this after work.I arrived home this afternoon and powered it on and ....there it was... Video.Still have no idea why it wasn't working before.....so I go thru the setup and at the Username entry it locks up...no response...won't turn off....have to flip the switch in the back to kill the power.Try #2...once again at the Username entry...it freezes again.Same process..kill the power and reboot.Try # 3...this time at the Username entry I leave it at the default and the setup completes.I download the 1.30 Update and that's it.
So far it has not gotten off to a good start with my PS3 and I am really concerned about the Video and Lock-up problems thus far.......it aint looking good.... unsure.gif

I would call them now.  I don't think it will get better.

PS I just got back from S. Carolina yesterday.  Man, that was a hell of a drive (back to Illinois) tongue.gif

BanditRW

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tito2k6 @ Dec 12 2006, 09:44 PM) View Post

PS I just got back from S. Carolina yesterday.  Man, that was a hell of a drive (back to Illinois) tongue.gif

You aint kiddin....I used to do that on long weekends when I was stationed at Great Lakes... blink.gif

Yep I've called Sony...that had to be the most frustrating CS call I've made yet,where do they train those people ???
A box is on the way to send it in....looks like it will be a while before I get to play.Thinking more and more about just getting rid of it on Ebay.

Tito2k6

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

Wow!  That is really messed up.  I guess I just got really lucky.  It's hard to imagine that one week would make such a difference in customer service.  I guess they aren't pumping those things out as fast as they would like to have everyone believe.

spinr34

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

i hope that mine doesn't break.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »

Someone should try sending back one with a tampered warrenty sticker......i wonder if they just wont fix it or if they will charge a fee to fix it?

frentzen

• Archived User
Dead Ps3! Anyone Else?
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

Yep, I have one with no warranty sticker and they want to charge me for it.

They told me that the technicians look at each return, in particular the warranty sticker, and if they see it missing they send it back unrepaired.

Not sure how true that is though.
Pages: 1 [2]