xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Ps3 Does Not Turn On, No Red Stand By Light, Not Ylod  (Read 197 times)

theinsanepenguin

• Archived User

my ps3 does nothing. i swapped out the blu ray drive and now nothing happens. there is no red light no yellow or blue. fans do not move. when you flip on the power switch in the back you can hear a very faint electrical hum from the power supply. i opened the supply looking for a break some where but cant find one. the 5vSB line is still out putting 5 volts to the main board so i dont see why there would be nothing happening at all. i would understand if i blew the supply and the 12 volt line does not work but as far as i know it only turns on once the ps3 itself is on. the red light in the front should run off of the 5 volt line... im so confused. any help would be great. below is a video that pretty much says the same thing i just posted it on youtube to see if anyone there had an idea. i am posting this same thing on ps3hax, ps3.dashhacks and xboxscene if there is somewhere else i should put it to get some feedback let me know.

my ps3 is a model cechh01 and the power supply is a eadp-300ab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RETkk7ONGIg...;feature=digest

LeHaM

• Archived User
Help Ps3 Does Not Turn On, No Red Stand By Light, Not Ylod
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »

may sound silly but check all connections..
The 5v is standby power so it should always put out power, you probably have fried your psu sad.gif try taking the br back out and turning it on.

hope this helps smile.gif

if ur psu is broke you could try my tutorial/fix http://www.leham.org...-a-xbox-360-psu

ECKZ_BOCKZ

• Archived User
Help Ps3 Does Not Turn On, No Red Stand By Light, Not Ylod
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »

I had a similar situation a while back with a console.  After lots of troubleshooting, I had found a small scratch on the motherboard that had cut a power line, so I had the board repaired.
The scratch in my circumstance was most likely caused by a screw that had somehow been forced and scratched it.

Check the lines thoroughly leading from the power supply on the board.