xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Beeps Of Death Fix?  (Read 170 times)

AKalair

• Archived User
Ps3 Beeps Of Death Fix?
« on: August 17, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »

Hey guys,
 Ive got this problem...

Beeps of death

Does anyone know how to fix it or can point me in the right direction?

MiamiBiker305

• Archived User
Ps3 Beeps Of Death Fix?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »

humm ?

Never heard of that.

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Ps3 Beeps Of Death Fix?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »

Try this:

There are many reasons for this issue you can try one of the solutions

1- Disconnect the ps3 from the power for around 5 min then switch it on.
2- Reset the ps3 by holding the power button for about 10 sec it will give two beeps then switch it on.
3- Reset the controller by pressing the small button in the back of the controller with small needle while the ps3 is off.
4- Change the power cord or check the power connections.

Try them and good luck.

scott pinewood

• Archived User
Ps3 Beeps Of Death Fix?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

u mean the yellow light of death or the tv flickin?

ewde1

• Archived User
Ps3 Beeps Of Death Fix?
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Infamous Ob @ Aug 17 2008, 10:22 PM) *

Try this:

There are many reasons for this issue you can try one of the solutions

1- Disconnect the ps3 from the power for around 5 min then switch it on.
2- Reset the ps3 by holding the power button for about 10 sec it will give two beeps then switch it on.
3- Reset the controller by pressing the small button in the back of the controller with small needle while the ps3 is off.
4- Change the power cord or check the power connections.

Try them and good luck.

unfortunately, those steps RARELY work...there is a more esoteric fix for this problem.  it prolly partially involves changing the temp sensors for the gpu/cpu. there is no ez fix for this im aware of. hopefuly someone can post his experience on fixing this annnoying problem. i have 20 or so units laying around with the redblinking light/3beeps. we tried overheating and reflowing the gpu/cpu with a heatgun as in the xbox360 and that has never worked for me, so the problem prolly isnt melted bridges solder. i am currently swapping motherboard ics from one good board to another to see which ic is responsible for the suspended hold error status. it just needs a resetting of some sort to allow the ps3 to follow through with a normal boot process...so frustratin...

This post has been edited by ewde1: Sep 8 2008, 02:14 PM

dcc0011

• Archived User
Ps3 Beeps Of Death Fix?
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »

Hey, mine did that before. It was overheating. I found out by taking it apart that it had been dropped/knocked over when I wasn't around. Mine gave me a warning but only some models do this. You can return it to sony for like $140 under and "out of warrenty" repair. My fan was turning but producing drag and that caused it to overheat. I wasn't shure why it was overheating and I even added an external cooler but it still would overheat, shutdown, and do that when you tryed to turn it back on. I ended up hooking a hoover to the back of the ps3 with electrical tape and taped shut the other holes on the back. I turned on the hoover and wa la. you may want to try this. I played my ps3 for 2 weeks like that with the vack outside my door. I eventually received a new fan+heatsink for $50 from ebay. If you would like I could track down who I baught it from. they live in NY, NY and seemed to have a lot of ps3 parts. Don't spam me!!! [email protected].