xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Picaxe Rapid Fire For Ps3  (Read 251 times)

Antman1

• Archived User
Picaxe Rapid Fire For Ps3
« on: July 06, 2008, 07:06:00 AM »

I know if would be possible to make this same mod posted Here work on the ps3 controller and I was just wondering what points on the ps3 would be the equivalent points to were they go on the 360 controller?  I am even willing to bet the code would be very similar to that of the 360 controller code.

This post has been edited by Antman1: Jul 6 2008, 02:07 PM

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »

The code would be different somewhat, and you could do it with a 555 timer IC and 4066 Quad Bi-Lateral switch just the same if all you're after is rapid fire. The only real reason to use a PIC is for a macro or specific button timing presses, but for just straight up R/F a 555 and 4066 will do in the PS3, but that setup does need a few extra parts compared to a PIC. Even the PIC though needs the 4066 to handle the actual button presses because of how the PS3 controller works.

Plus there are 2 versions of the DS3 board an 5 of the SixAxis one, that I know of right now, and I'm sure more are out there and on the way, so you'd have to know exactly which one ya have as well before anyone can point them out or get out the meter and start laying into it yourself. wink.gif

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »

RDC,  I was hoping you would see this post.  I will have a look and see what ver the board is in the controller.  The reason I would want to go along with the picaxe mod is because It can be reprogrammed and I could use dual triggers or single triggers and use the same buttons as the original.  It has only a small tact switch to install and a phono jack to let you reprogram it easily.  Very nice mod in my opinion.  LED indicator shows what fire mode you have enabled and such.  and you can have different rates of fire with it too.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »

You'll need to add alternate buttons as well, the PS3 controller is a beast by comparison to the 360 one as far as button layout goes and there is no real line to drive high or low like on the CG board to make a button/trigger press. This is what throws the wrench in the works for using the actual triggers as the rapid fire buttons, something that can easily be done on the 360 controllers because of how they're setup, the PS3 is not one thing like them at all.

It could probably be done if ya got in there and severed the carbon film on the daughter board's button contact so the circuit was open and ya had some way to actually detect the trigger was pulled. This is only a guess and would technically change the way the controller would work in the 'default' mode and is something I haven't even thought of trying until right now. The way it is now it's all a closed setup and just a right mess, so doing it anywhere near like how the 360 controllers can be done isn't gonna happen easily.

In order to do it right now you'll be using a PIC, 4066 IC and an alternate button for every button on the controller ya want to be a R/F one. This controller is just so far from what and how the 360 ones work it's not even funny really, ever since the DualShock 2 controllers came out they've been a mess.

billybobs

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Jul 7 2008, 01:50 AM) *

I know if would be possible to make this same mod posted Here work on the ps3 controller and I was just wondering what points on the ps3 would be the equivalent points to were they go on the 360 controller?  I am even willing to bet the code would be very similar to that of the 360 controller code.

what about a 555timer chip like in the 360 controller would that work ??

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 04:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(billybobs @ Oct 7 2008, 07:54 PM) View Post

what about a 555timer chip like in the 360 controller would that work ??

Nope, the PS3 controller's button layout is nothing like how the Triggers work on the 360 controllers.

magnus__hydra

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 03:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(RDC @ Oct 11 2008, 05:17 AM) View Post

Nope, the PS3 controller's button layout is nothing like how the Triggers work on the 360 controllers.

I buddy of mine want me to look into making him a ps3 rapid fire/ turbo controller. Like I've done with the 360 using the 555timer. I spotted this and now I have some questions lol.

First using the 555timer do u set it up the same way as you would for the 360 controller? If so are the buttons just like normal xbox 360 buttons or do that act differently? I see that your saying that the buttons don't work like the triggers. well that fine I can get all the buttons on the 360 controller turbo without using the triggers. happy.gif . I am also looking into more of the threads but this one popped up first.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »

The PS3 controller use a completely different kind of layout versus any 360 controller. It has a 3 common line setup and every face button as well as the L/R 1/2 buttons are all Analog. In order to get a button to fire on a PS3 controller you have to connect the 2 lines that make that button up, sorta how the Matrix version of the 360 controllers are, so you can use a 555, but you'll also have to use a 4066 as well and then a separate button for every R/F button.

magnus__hydra

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(RDC @ Apr 19 2009, 11:45 AM) View Post

The PS3 controller use a completely different kind of layout versus any 360 controller. It has a 3 common line setup and every face button as well as the L/R 1/2 buttons are all Analog. In order to get a button to fire on a PS3 controller you have to connect the 2 lines that make that button up, sorta how the Matrix version of the 360 controllers are, so you can use a 555, but you'll also have to use a 4066 as well and then a separate button for every R/F button.

I never did try the matrix controller. See how it was set up. If I do try it out. I'll let u know. Thank you for the info! pop.gif

modmycontroller

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 09:28:00 PM »

I am currentley looking for a ps3 rapid fire hex program, if you have any ideas of where I can get one or if you are selling one, I am always interested, just please contact me at [email protected]

I am also looking for a xbox 360 stealth rapid fire hex program similar to this one below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%3D1&_rdc=1

Contact me with any details, I am always willing to pay, thanks!

Sidney Laurvick
[email protected]

This post has been edited by modmycontroller: Today, 05:32 AM