xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help...trying To Damage My Ps2 To Get My Refund  (Read 205 times)

Cloudy Wolf

• Archived User
Need Help...trying To Damage My Ps2 To Get My Refund
« on: January 25, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »

would have gone to ps2scene, but it's down or something.  site's been down for about a week.  anyways, ehre's the problem.

bought a ps2 through best buy over a year ago.  started getting disc read error every now and then.  sent it back b/c i bought their warranty.  they test it and say because it still plays some odd % of the time, they cannot replace it.  so now i'm screwed with a partially working ps2

anybody know of a way to mess it up so that it appears as negligence and best buy will honor the warranty on it?  i guess it has to mess up due to wear and tear or other stuff.  all help appreciated.

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »

You can try opening it up and unsoldering one of the little components like a little resistor or something. If you dont want to do that, go to pspmod.com, and pm julie....she had given a very clever way to mess up a psp memory stick, so she can probably give you an idea for the ps2

Cloudy Wolf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Jan 25 2007, 10:27 PM) *

You can try opening it up and unsoldering one of the little components like a little resistor or something. If you dont want to do that, go to pspmod.com, and pm julie....she had given a very clever way to mess up a psp memory stick, so she can probably give you an idea for the ps2

already thought about it.  unfortunately, the playstation 2 slim possesses a warranty seal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
i'll try pm'ing julie tomorrow.

Elusid

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »

Stick it in a microwave for 8 seconds (not recommended lol) but that's bound to fuck it up. Or attach the plug to a car battery or run 220V through it biggrin.gif All of those will work tongue.gif

pablot

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 02:25:00 AM »

oh you idiots, fraud discussion, very clever.. Cloudy Wolf, you will be dealt with, and so will the morons who helped you out.