xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: XCM Smart Plate for PS3  (Read 656 times)

spinr34

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Billyfett @ Jan 16 2007, 02:50 PM) View Post

To spinr34:
        I was also thinking about selling my PS3. But I found a guy on E-Bay who made YellowDog Linux install disks with instruction for $8. I am going to install linux and see what fun I can have.  Maybe someone will come out with a new case or cool case mods.

hopefully you can find something to do. my modded original xbox takes care of anything that i could wish for with linux on the ps3. besides the playback of hd videos but the 360 takes care of that so, once again i'm left without a use for my ps3. i have a feeling it is going to end up being a really expensive ps2 since there are a lot of light gun games for the ps2 that i want. i never had a ps2 so it's time to make up lost ground on the few games i wanted for the system. other than that though, i'm not too hyped about my ps3 or anything that is coming out for it.

bumr055

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 03:25:00 AM »

eww sad.gif

FreakSho

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »

thats the ugliest thing ive ever seen, i rather slap a full skin on that thing  blink.gif

ebphondaprelude

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »

Im gonna agree and say its ugly

i think the black shine with the chome playstation3 is sexy cool.gif

mlmadmax

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 01:24:00 AM »

pointless and ugly cussing.gif

Elusid

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 02:06:00 AM »

Ok well yes, stock they are ugly pieces of shit but don't you guys see the potential?! You can take the pure black one and then paint it, cut it, w/e and make a themed PS3 cover and still have your original one unharmed. I am going to get a few of these to make different styles of cases because they are cheap and easy to sand and paint.

NEUROMODS

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 05:09:00 AM »

Billyfett, why would you bother paying $8 on Ebay for Yellow Dog Linux when you can download it for free from TerraSofts website including instructions... The person selling it off for the $8 bucks is breaking coyright laws and selling it illegally and you would be helping him get away with it. I would just turn that sorry ass into Ebay and not let him profit off of anothers hard work.

grim_d

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 04:36:00 AM »

anyone would have a hard time making a ps3 look good. laugh.gif

mlmadmax

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »

Elusid have you seen the inside of a PS3? It looks like crap both inside and out, it is not like you can put a window in it and see the mainboard all you would see is more plastic covering the drive and other things.

To each there own though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by mlmadmax: Jan 22 2007, 05:12 PM

Elusid

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »

Yeah well I just kinda threw that in there for other ppl. I was more thinking of painting the case and then putting it on so that you don't need to fuck up your normal case (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Also I don't think the PS3 looks bad at all! It sure as hell looks better then the PS2 and PS2 you should admit! Those things are black and grey plastic bricks lol. (not the V2 of each though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)) Well I'm going to get a few of these any ways to make FF XII, RE5, Heavy Rain, and Bio Shock cases (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

mlmadmax

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »

Personaly I don't like the way the PS3 looks it's big and bulky, huge in fact. But hey to each there own, you could get one of these to paint and that would be cool, also you could get the black one as a backup since the stock one scraches so easy. tongue.gif

Elusid

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »

Ha yeah it does scratch easily. I've been able to keep it major scratch free so far *knock on wood*. Also it's not THAT huge (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) It is really heavy though haha.

heartofalion

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Elusid @ Jan 22 2007, 03:19 PM) View Post

Yeah well I just kinda threw that in there for other ppl. I was more thinking of painting the case and then putting it on so that you don't need to fuck up your normal case smile.gif Also I don't think the PS3 looks bad at all! It sure as hell looks better then the PS2 and PS2 you should admit! Those things are black and grey plastic bricks lol. (not the V2 of each though wink.gif) Well I'm going to get a few of these any ways to make FF XII, RE5, Heavy Rain, and Bio Shock cases biggrin.gif

if you make an FFXII one i wanna see it, if it looks good would you consider making one for me?

Elusid

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »

Lol yeah sure. I meant FF XIII though because FFXII is a PS2 game. I have a 4 other projects right now and I would like to get at least 2 of them done (Slim Xbox and modded GameCube) before I start anything new.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Archived User
XCM Smart Plate for PS3
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »

Huh. Maybe I can pay them to remote start my box while I'm at it. :/

A rattlecan, a screwdriver, & some 1500 grit sandpaper is a heck of a lot cheaper, and more fun to boot!
Pages: 1 [2] 3