xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Controller Button Contacts  (Read 309 times)

jeremydammit

• Archived User
Ps3 Controller Button Contacts
« on: December 05, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

Heres a picture I made up for anyone wanting to know what contacts you need to add extra buttons.  The second pic is the analog contacts for anyone wanting to do joystick mods.  I f you have a hard time reading the stuff  on the pic, click on the links below.

http://img.photobuck...3contacts-1.jpg
http://img.photobuck...joysticks-1.jpg

IPB ImageIPB Image

h4xx3d

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 01:13:00 AM »

Thank mate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) And thank you Sony gor the daughterboard design =D

Offtopic, but could you suggest which soldering irons, tips, solder etc which should be used for this sort of mod? I see the site you link to has a fair bit of stuff, but would like to have an eeducated opinion before making any purchases. Pm me if you'd rather not soil your thread :-P

This post has been edited by h4xx3d: Dec 6 2006, 09:31 AM

jeremydammit

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

I just use a radio shack 15 watt iron, .022 solder and flux to make the solder stick to the contacts.  Im not sure what crack pipe I hit the day I wrote this diagram up, but it is not right.  I think I labeled them all backwards....lol  I will have to repost a new picture...hopefully it updates ok!

h4xx3d

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

Thanks very much! Haha, well, at least you noticed before anyone met disaster :-P Your diagrams are much appreciated, as is the extra info (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by h4xx3d: Dec 11 2006, 02:40 AM

Sloppy Fat Dump

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »

Next picture try to make it clearer where the negatives are.  I'm really confused. tongue.gif

refresh

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  Yeah man.. where are the negatives and have you posted the new pic yet?

lordsofthunder

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 07:18:00 AM »

(IMG:http://pici.se/thumbs/t_tWpVhG.gif)

And more info

This post has been edited by lordsofthunder: Mar 9 2008, 02:21 PM

MyNameIsSam

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »

Sorry to have resurrected this thread, but does anybody know if the circuit boards/button mapping is the same between the SIXAXIS and the Dualshock3?

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »

They're technically nothing alike, but they are similar in the layout for the Daughter board connection, just depends on what you're trying to do exactly as to what would be the best way to go about it - http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=648322

MyNameIsSam

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »

Yeah I noticed the link to that thread located in the sticky at the top of this board. Thanks for not flaming me for being an ignorant noob asking a question that I could have easily answered myself on my first post. I'm trying to mod my controller to add a new button that's mapped to the circle button located underneath the controller. I think all the information I need to do this is in that thread.

Thanks.