xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Devhook-like Method Coming To Run Games Off Hdd!  (Read 359 times)

ProChief CXVII

• Archived User
Devhook-like Method Coming To Run Games Off Hdd!
« on: December 08, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

OMFG i want one now

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(ProChief CXVII @ Dec 8 2006, 03:07 PM) View Post

OMFG i want one now

there is a 20 page on this where the "author" of the hack is proven to be full of shit, making rediculus statements like the hack being based off devhook for the PSP, then later it being a 34 wire modchip that was a ps2 chip with the firmware edited to work on the ps3, not giving out the hack any more because people on the forum are being mean, and being in constant contact with Sony letting them know how the hack works so they can block it on the next update....all this after asking people for 1600$ for for premodded systems with an upgraded hardrive. He/she also posted "output" of some code from her work in linux, and it was gibberish.  I'm no master hacker, but I know enough about linux to know she just took a bunch of random lines from different linux forums and pasted them together.  Go to maxconsole and look for a thread called "hot deadcell chip deal" in the ps3 section.  Read all 20 pages of the thread (which is still growing daily), have your hopes crushed, and prolly a few brain cells commit suicide in protest.  Xecuter says they are close, I just hope they aren't basing this on this person's work.  Hopefully they have a ligitimate source.

train2335

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »

That is fake.. For Xecuter, I hope they hack the PS3 soon, if they do I will bow down to them. They are doing great job on the 360 and I am sure they will look at the PS3 too!(especially with the power it has!)

dhrandy1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 08:13:00 PM »

just a matter of time anyways.

tmgcomp

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 04:35:00 AM »

exactly. I just bought my ps3. Always good to get the system when it first comes out, easier to hack later.

FoneFreak

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(psxpirate1 @ Nov 26 2006, 11:13 PM) View Post

News Source: http://www.maxconsol...ws&newsid=12125
No your eyes dont trick you ....its very close......
As we unpack the PS3 games we notice its very close to the PSP.
Testing my 'Load game off hard drive' for the past week.Ive noticed the file differences and winhex'ed the files.No surprise that the eboot's are similar in hex.

As for now my Beta PS3 Loader will be soon online no sooner then December 10th....for tester's on there own machine's.

And as of this morning ..Ive successfully loaded Ridge Racer 7 and Resistance both running off a Hard Drive ..(albit external) No BR disc in drive.

Id like to thank PSP's Booster and Dark_Alex for devhook/custom firmware's....without it I wouldn't have be able to find a way ...

Dont ask me for files,code,or how to do it.
There is 3 beta testers as of now and December 10th it will be online for download ...and before you ask.Its free.It will require your bio's to be Re-flashed and BR-drive though.

Thank you.
PS3 loader coming December 20th.2006.
PlayBeyond.
Prepare yourself
Prepare your Hard drives
Its coming.........
©deadsoulasis®

tongue.gif
you was saying???