xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ps360 Controller  (Read 648 times)

h4xx3d

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

Over at qj.net there's some pics of the everything inside. jeremydammit of our forums also posted some pics here.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

The difference between the single handed controller and this mod is they made a custom case for the single handed controller based on the PCB... basically just a custom case around existing electronics.

now with this you're customizing electronics to work within an existing case. It's a VERY different scenario...

I believe it can be done, though not without an F-ton of work, and it's definitely not comparable to the single handed controller mod.

h4xx3d

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Dec 19 2006, 04:44 PM) *

The difference between the single handed controller and this mod is they made a custom case for the single handed controller based on the PCB... basically just a custom case around existing electronics.

now with this you're customizing electronics to work within an existing case. It's a VERY different scenario...

I believe it can be done, though not without an F-ton of work, and it's definitely not comparable to the single handed controller mod.

You're right, that aspect of the mod is not comparable. However, in both mods, the joysticks, triggers, etc, all have to be moved. Removing the joysticks and triggers from the board and resoldering them in a different position is what I believe will be the most difficult portion of this mod.

The PS3 controller board is quite tiny. Cramming it in certainly won't be easy, but I do have tons of time to do this. There's no rush. If the size constraints do prove to simply be too much, I'm going to resort to using a logitech wireless xbox 1 controller shell instead. That will only be a last resort option.

SR388

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

tip on removing the triggers and joysticks:
use desoldeing braid and a desoldering iron!
both are cheap and save you TONS of time and mental frustration!

supergrafx

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

Yo, stop while your ahead man! Save that 50 dollar pcb for making yourself an arcade stick as this will definatelly not, I repeat not work. Maybe I am wrong, I've been known to be wrong a couple times in my life! But I don't think so.... I recently made, with an xbox street fighter anniversary pad, I repeat the pad, not the stick version (easy for hacks), an arcade stick with sanwa rg buttons, a sanwa jlf-8yt joystick, and two rare led sanwa buttons (one the shape of a star, the other a heart-used a two hacked usb cords to supply power to the bulbs), for my 5 yr. old daughter for Christmas. I think it is impossible due to needing microswitches to send the current to the copper source on the specific pad in question. The plastic buttons on the 360/ps3 are in totally different positions, and although you may be able to desolder the analog directs and realign them, I doubt one could move the copper traces on the pcb itself to align directly under the other system in questions buttons. Unless they make microswitches smaller than arcade ones, which I have never seen in a hacked pad... It's a great idea, but doubt it is possible. On a brighter note, that black strip on one side of the double sided ps3 pcb, looks as though it might be able to be used as a solderless hack. If indeed that black strip thingee has all the directions/button copper runs running to it.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »

Good luck man, all the best to 'ya. I'll tell you this though, practice practice practice before you start to solder. Because screw-ups can get way out of hand on tiny boards like controllers.

h4xx3d

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(supergrafx @ Dec 29 2006, 01:22 AM) View Post

Yo, stop while your ahead man! Save that 50 dollar pcb for making yourself an arcade stick as this will definatelly not, I repeat not work. Maybe I am wrong, I've been known to be wrong a couple times in my life! But I don't think so.... I recently made, with an xbox street fighter anniversary pad, I repeat the pad, not the stick version (easy for hacks), an arcade stick with sanwa rg buttons, a sanwa jlf-8yt joystick, and two rare led sanwa buttons (one the shape of a star, the other a heart-used a two hacked usb cords to supply power to the bulbs), for my 5 yr. old daughter for Christmas. I think it is impossible due to needing microswitches to send the current to the copper source on the specific pad in question. The plastic buttons on the 360/ps3 are in totally different positions, and although you may be able to desolder the analog directs and realign them, I doubt one could move the copper traces on the pcb itself to align directly under the other system in questions buttons. Unless they make microswitches smaller than arcade ones, which I have never seen in a hacked pad... It's a great idea, but doubt it is possible. On a brighter note, that black strip on one side of the double sided ps3 pcb, looks as though it might be able to be used as a solderless hack. If indeed that black strip thingee has all the directions/button copper runs running to it.

What you state probably would not be possible for someone like myself. That's why I plan to simply place small buttons, like the ones used for the numerous button-duplicating mods on the 360 forums, underneath of the 360's buttons.

QUOTE(Eddie_the_Hated @ Jan 3 2007, 02:55 AM) View Post

Good luck man, all the best to 'ya. I'll tell you this though, practice practice practice before you start to solder. Because screw-ups can get way out of hand on tiny boards like controllers.

Thanks!  happy.gif And I definitely do plan to practice quite a bit, following tutorials before I perform any soldering involving the controllers.

licenz2kill

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »

news? uhh.gif

The_Hushed_Casket

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »

If you make a guide, I will love you forever.  I've been wanting to do this.  Resistance on a 360 controller would be awesome.

h4xx3d

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »

I've received the 360 controller components via mail today, work on this mod should begin soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Upon completion, I will indeed post a guide. Planning is going full fledged now. I don't want this to be an ordinary controller mod. The hopes are to have everything working just as it does on th 360, and for that to happen, i've still a lot to learn.

By the end of this, the controller should be able to charge via the 360's play and charge cable as well as use the PnC battery packs instead of the ps3 controller's internal battery. If you have any knowledge on doing this in a safe manner, your input would be greatly appreciated  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

[Edit: typo]

This post has been edited by h4xx3d: Jan 18 2007, 08:28 PM

FlipZ

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »

hmmmm....i wonder if he gave up.... hope not.  this sounds like a cool project

h4xx3d

• Archived User
Ps360 Controller
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

Naw, never gave up. I've just been side-tracked. School and girlfriend means not much time for stuff like this. My finals are over this week though, so hopefully I'll get a chance to do this. Benhack's already completed his own rendition. However, his site's down at the moment. If there's no guide describing the process, I'll hopefully be able to do this and write an in depth guide.
Pages: 1 [2]