xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: I Shall Be The First To Build The Ps3 Grill!  (Read 2347 times)

bigjimmy

• Archived User
I Shall Be The First To Build The Ps3 Grill!
« on: October 10, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

OK, Me and a friend decided the other day, when the PS3 comes out in america, were going to import a PS3 case (somehow) and build the PS3 grill!

For those who dont know what im talking about, look here

The main reason for this is there are a lot of sony fanboys at my school, and I really wanna piss them off by doing this. Me and my freind are planning to cook some steak or something in my software devlopment class. The look on the fanboys faces will be priceless! Plus, if I am the first to build the PS3 grill think of the fame and fortune (ummm well id like to think so, anyway lol) And, I already have the perfect george foreman grill to put in there.

Im curious to see what everyone thinks about this. Is it a crap/stupid/old/good/funny idea?

Id also like to know if there are heaps of other people planning to do this.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »

IMO... sounds like a silly idea and a wasdte of money.  Besides... getting it to look as good as a fake photochop... would be ridiculously difficult.

But.... to each his own...

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »

Oh yeah and I think I forgot to mention that its just a PS3 case with a george forman grill in it. And using the dimensions of the PS3 the grill will fit nicley in it....(hopefully)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »

DO IT  smile.gif

Cook up a tasty steak for me while you're at it.

I think if you started a website like "therealPS3grill.com" you could easily start taking donations to pay for it...

Nothing says you couldn't put the PS3 guts in another case, or just sell the guts (I'm sure you could make your money back that way).

Also being that you'll be cracking it open you'll probably be one of the first to provide opening instructions for case modders as well as an early glimpse at the PS3s innards which is beneficial to everyone.  cool.gif

I'm moving this to the PS3 forums because this is really a PS3 mod/could lead to PS3 info after release.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

do it!! Ill probably buy it.........seriously.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

Take plenty of pics! I will be the 1st to shoot it with a variety of bullets  laugh.gif

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

if you can get the case, then do it.

but make sure it cooks 7 chickenwings at the same time.  laugh.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Oct 11 2006, 10:42 PM) View Post

if you can get the case, then do it.

but make sure it cooks 7 chickenwings at the same time.  laugh.gif

and leave the 8th on raw...

icantstandtoburntolong

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »

You should set up a website and take donations. Then you could destroy the innards, make the grill and have pictures of opening up the console. Everbody wins! I would donate to that

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

Kool thanks for all the feedback you guys.

Again, cause i live in Australia ill have to either import just a case or the whole console, since gay sony decided not to release the PS3 here until March next year. Heh perhaps with the innards I could put a steak on the heatsink and see how long it takes to cook lol

Im interested in this idea of setting up a site and getting donations for it. Could anyone help me out with this?

And yeh after I make it ill probly sell it on ebay or something. Im getting so excited about this If it all works as im hoping, itll be awesome!

EDIT: BTW if youd like to help me set up a site about this, PM me or something. And also, it seems like if im gunna build it, ill stuff like the cuts done professionally, instead of my crappy sutting lol

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

OK well some people have PM'd me with advice. Thanks guys! So there is a great chance of a site going up soon.

Twistedsymphony, the name shall be therealps3grill.com if this site goes ahead.

The other thing is, since I have to import either a whole system or just a case, I need to find a way of getting someone (Preferrably a trusted X-S trader) to get me one as soon as the come out and send it over here (I will pay that person via PAYPAL, not money order thanks to the scamming bastard who ripped me off $500)

set it up and ill donate......one request....cook a GIANT CRAB

Erm, can george forman grills cook giant crabs? Ill have to get back to you on that lol

EDIT: typo

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

Just to keep the donation thing Legit...

don't link to the paypal donation piece directly from XS and don't ask for donations directly either.

Keep it something like "Help out with The Real PS3 Grill Project" linking to your site. because "Help" could be ideas, securing a PS3, etc in addition to donations

you could also encourage people to place links to the website in their sigs to build awareness but don't create any additional topics about it.

That's just to keep this within the XS rules.  smile.gif

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigjimmy @ Oct 12 2006, 04:45 AM) View Post

Erm, can george forman grills cook giant crabs? Ill have to get back to you on that lol

no but, PS3 grill should, with real time taste change  happy.gif

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

Just to keep the donation thing Legit...

don't link to the paypal donation piece directly from XS and don't ask for donations directly either.

Keep it something like "Help out with The Real PS3 Grill Project" linking to your site. because "Help" could be ideas, securing a PS3, etc in addition to donations

you could also encourage people to place links to the website in their sigs to build awareness but don't create any additional topics about it.

That's just to keep this within the XS rules.  

Cool thanks for the advice. I was going to just put a link to the site in my sig and I dont really like asking people directly for donations or anything.

no but, PS3 grill should, with real time taste change

Lol how true.

EDIT: Now, the fun of trying to find if theres any chance i can get one on launch day....

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 12:56:00 AM »

OK Ive decided ill import a whole system. So can people tell me, what are my chances of getting a PS3 on launch day?

Also, is there a trusted X-S trader out there who can get me a PS3 on launch? Or soon after? PM me if youd be willing to do this. (Id pay that person, of course lol)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8