xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Usb Ports Broken?  (Read 863 times)

PRiME2008

• Archived User
Ps3 Usb Ports Broken?
« on: January 19, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »

Well I have a 60GB PS3 here that has sometimes working USB ports. I do not know exactly the issue but it appears that ports are not getting any power (according to multimeter) But when I striped it down and rebuilt it the ports worked that time.

So I have a spare PS3 mobo and was wondering the first approach I should do, perhaps check some caps/resist near the USB plugs (which are not bent btw).

Any suggestions would be helpful, maybe someone has resolved this odd issue before. Hoping its not firmware related.

PRiME2008

• Archived User
Ps3 Usb Ports Broken?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »

May be the 5v Line from the PSU. Would explain a bit. I am testing with a different mobo atm (same model etc) but the BR-Drive may not accept this different motherboard (once updated, dialup speed). But this may help some people in future whom loose usb port power.

PRiME2008

• Archived User
Ps3 Usb Ports Broken?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:01:00 AM »

Turns out it was a cut line on the board. Fixed and going now. Maybe for anyone else getting mysterious no power to usb, check the circuits around the port area and its control chip (follow the tracks)).

Debdasmptr

• Archived User
Ps3 Usb Ports Broken?
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »

Yaa it happens in these types of item, sometimes if insert any jack improperly it affects the port. And sometimes it also also disconnected to get power supply, so check it out and it will be better to put a new one.

This post has been edited by RDC: May 27 2010, 02:57 AM

coneseth

• Archived User
Ps3 Usb Ports Broken?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »

I have a 60 GB fat model and it fell off the entertainment center with all the plugs still connected.  Hdmi and usb ports were damaged and I thought I would have to buy a new system.  I searched alittle on the web and found a place called www.videogame911.com.  They fixed the broken ports and even gave it a good cleaning.  It was fast too.

BengaSon

• Archived User
Ps3 Usb Ports Broken?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(PRiME2008 @ Jan 20 2010, 03:48 AM) View Post

May be the 5v Line from the PSU. Would explain a bit. I am testing with a different mobo atm (same model etc) but the BR-Drive may not accept this different motherboard (once updated, dialup speed). But this may help some people in future whom loose usb port power.

jailbreak 2 buy jb2 dongle jb2 true blue