xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mp4 Playback Over Usb... Not Recognizing Movies On Flash Card  (Read 329 times)

someone_else

• Archived User

I have a Sanyo HD1000 video camera.  It shoots 1080i 30 frames/sec and 720p 60 frames/sec HD resolution, and its native format is AVCHD h.264 MP4 files.  Its *perfect* by spec for shooting home movies in HD and playing them back via my PS3.  For some time now I've been doing this, and if I burn off a data disk of one of my movies and put it in, it plays perfectly.  I've also experimented with streaming the content from my PC.  I'm not quite there yet on this one, so I had another thought.

Today I shot a couple short movies and some still pictures, and put the SDHC card into one of those SD card --> USB stick adapters, and plugged that into the front of the PS3.  It recognized it the stick immediately as USB removable flash media.  Under Pictures, I can view the pictures on the media card directly.  But, under Videos, it sees the media card, I can select it, and then it shows me a sub-folder that says "Digital Videos" (or something similar, I forget the exact words) but it shows 0 content under it, even though there are several videos there.

I was really hoping it would just play the movies straight off the memory card.  

I read somewhere that to put movies on a memory card, they have to be under a folder called "movies" for it to read them, is this correct?  On the memory card now, the videos reside under the camera's standard folder structure: <root>\DCIM\100SANYO

I'd really like it to just read the videos straight from the card, since I know 100% that they are already in a compatible format and setup.  This would be the ultimate in ease of point-shoot-watch home movies in full HD!  Thanks for any help.

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
Mp4 Playback Over Usb... Not Recognizing Movies On Flash Card
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »

As far as I know, the MP4 must be in <root>/VIDEO for the PS3 to recognize it.

zetski210

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(someone_else @ Jun 7 2008, 02:50 PM) View Post

...under Videos, it sees the media card, I can select it, ...

When the icon is highlighted, press the triangle button and select "display all". This should then show all the video formats as well as folders on the memory card.

you should be able to play them this way.

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(zetski210 @ Oct 1 2008, 08:06 PM) View Post

When the icon is highlighted, press the triangle button and select "display all". This should then show all the video formats as well as folders on the memory card.

you should be able to play them this way.

thanks for the tip.   pop.gif